GoToMyPC replacement

Hello...

I have a WinXP user who needs to view the desktop of a
Win2k and a Win98 machine. All computers are behind a
NAT-enabled firewall, so no one can ping anyone else.

I'm looking for software I can own that would stream a
Win32 desktop to my own website. Something like GoToMyPC,
but that I would own and run the website. The person doing
the viewing does not need to remote control the hosts, just
view them. Remote control ability would just be icing on
the cake.

If I can't have that, I'd be open to other solutions, such
as Remotely Anywhere (which my user does not like at all).

Any suggestions?

Thx,
D.

Check out Dameware, or UltraVNC

dsmcd wrote:
> Hello...
>
> I have a WinXP user who needs to view the desktop of a
> Win2k and a Win98 machine. All computers are behind a
> NAT-enabled firewall, so no one can ping anyone else.
>
> I'm looking for software I can own that would stream a
> Win32 desktop to my own website. Something like GoToMyPC,
> but that I would own and run the website. The person doing
> the viewing does not need to remote control the hosts, just
> view them. Remote control ability would just be icing on
> the cake.
>
> If I can't have that, I'd be open to other solutions, such
> as Remotely Anywhere (which my user does not like at all).
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thx,
> D.ch

Thank you, but both programs require a tcp/ip connection which I
will not have since all computers are behind NAT-enabled
firewalls and no computer can ping any other. VPNs are not an
option.

Any other suggestions?

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com>

dsmcd wrote:
> Thank you, but both programs require a tcp/ip connection which I
> will not have since all computers are behind NAT-enabled
> firewalls and no computer can ping any other.

any possibility of opening up TCP 3389 inbound on the router(s) for RD?

> VPNs are not an
> option.
>
> Any other suggestions?

I don't know of any competitor to GoToMyPC, alas.

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com>
> wrote:
>> Check out Dameware, or UltraVNC
>>
>> dsmcd wrote:
>>> Hello...
>>>
>>> I have a WinXP user who needs to view the desktop of a
>>> Win2k and a Win98 machine. All computers are behind a
>>> NAT-enabled firewall, so no one can ping anyone else.
>>>
>>> I'm looking for software I can own that would stream a
>>> Win32 desktop to my own website. Something like GoToMyPC,
>>> but that I would own and run the website. The person doing
>>> the viewing does not need to remote control the hosts, just
>>> view them. Remote control ability would just be icing on
>>> the cake.
>>>
>>> If I can't have that, I'd be open to other solutions, such
>>> as Remotely Anywhere (which my user does not like at all).
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thx,
>>> D.ch

How about a persistent SSH tunnel? These are fairly easy to setup and
don't have the complexities of VPNs?

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com