VPN Remote desktop trouble establishing a configuration

I have been trying for months to configure my laptop to connect through the internet via a VPN connection to my office computer and am having no luck. Microsoft help is no help. The help screens are no help. Even those who say they know don't know. I am running xp pro on the laptop. Win 2000 pro on the office computer which has VPN capability and xp on a second office computer. Office computesr are behind a Linksys Router with firewall. Help need before I pull out the rest of my hair.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop trouble establishing configuration

    What are the errors you are seeing?

    --
    - Manjari
    "Frank" <ftock@san.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I have been trying for months to configure my laptop to connect through
    the internet via a VPN connection to my office computer and am having no
    luck. Microsoft help is no help. The help screens are no help. Even those
    who say they know don't know. I am running xp pro on the laptop. Win 2000
    pro on the office computer which has VPN capability and xp on a second
    office computer. Office computesr are behind a Linksys Router with
    firewall. Help need before I pull out the rest of my hair.

    > Thanks

    Is this the lack of apparent internet connectivity when connected via
    the VPN? If so, you need to change the Internet Protocol parameters
    of your VPN and disable the "Use the default gateway on the remote
    network" checkbox. See
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0903.mspx
    for more information.

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 21:21:02 -0700, "Frank" <ftock@san.rr.com> wrote:

    >I have been trying for months to configure my laptop to connect through the internet via a VPN connection to my office computer and am having no luck. Microsoft help is no help. The help screens are no help. Even those who say they know don't know. I am running xp pro on the laptop. Win 2000 pro on the office computer which has VPN capability and xp on a second office computer. Office computesr are behind a Linksys Router with firewall. Help need before I pull out the rest of my hair.
    >
    >Thanks

VPN Configuration Office Windows XP