VPN Remote desktop trouble establishing a configuration

May 25, 2004 1:21:02 AM

I have been trying for months to configure my laptop to connect through the internet via a VPN connection to my office computer and am having no luck. Microsoft help is no help. The help screens are no help. Even those who say they know don't know. I am running xp pro on the laptop. Win 2000 pro on the office computer which has VPN capability and xp on a second office computer. Office computesr are behind a Linksys Router with firewall. Help need before I pull out the rest of my hair.

Thanks
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 7:42:35 PM

What are the errors you are seeing?

--
- Manjari
"Frank" <ftock@san.rr.com> wrote in message
> I have been trying for months to configure my laptop to connect through
the internet via a VPN connection to my office computer and am having no
luck. Microsoft help is no help. The help screens are no help. Even those
who say they know don't know. I am running xp pro on the laptop. Win 2000
pro on the office computer which has VPN capability and xp on a second
office computer. Office computesr are behind a Linksys Router with
firewall. Help need before I pull out the rest of my hair.

> Thanks

Anonymous
May 28, 2004 3:24:58 AM

Is this the lack of apparent internet connectivity when connected via
the VPN? If so, you need to change the Internet Protocol parameters
of your VPN and disable the "Use the default gateway on the remote
network" checkbox. See
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cabl...
for more information.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com