Recommended Authoring software?

Archived from groups: alt.video.avid_editors,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,rec.video.desktop,uk.rec.video.digital (More info?)

Hi all...

Would be interested to hear comments on what people would recommend as good
authoring software. Looking for something that will take the video from a
miniDVD camcorder and allow me to edit it and save it in a format ready for
burning to a 4.7Gb DVD.

Out of interest what format is the video converted to prior to burning to
DVD?

Regards,

Paul
3 answers Last reply
More about recommended authoring software
  1. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,alt.video.avid_editors,uk.rec.video.digital (More info?)

    Hello there,

    I use MM 2.1 and MovieDV 6 for capture/editing and Dazzle DVD Complete for
    everything else......very pleased with the results..I did try Nero and Easy CD
    6 and 7 ...did not like either
    --
    Best Wishes.....John Kelly
    www.the-kellys.org

    > Would be interested to hear comments on what people would recommend as good
    > authoring software. Looking for something that will take the video from a
    > miniDVD camcorder and allow me to edit it and save it in a format ready for
    > burning to a 4.7Gb DVD.

    Basic. Sonic MyDVD comes with most burners and works fine for the
    very basics. Otherwise, Roxio EZ-CD creator 7 or Nero 6 Ultra with both
    do it w/o extra programs.

    These will all do the basics w/o much money spent, and do the job fine.

    ---

    Above that?

    One program: Ulead DVD Workshop. Simple to use, yet very powerful.
    Highly rated by www.dv.com magazine and others, does a lot w/o going
    into technical specifics ala Sonic Scenarist (what the movie companies use).

    > Out of interest what format is the video converted to prior to burning to
    > DVD?

    MPEG-2
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.avid_editors,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,rec.video.desktop,uk.rec.video.digital (More info?)

    I would highly recommend DVDlab from Mediachance.com. Very simple to use
    but is capable of doing highend authoring aswell. The chaps website is well
    worth a look as he has loads of helpfull programs on there.

    Good luck,

    Paul.

    "David Chien" <chiendh@uci.edu> wrote in message
    >> Would be interested to hear comments on what people would recommend as
    >> good authoring software. Looking for something that will take the video
    >> from a miniDVD camcorder and allow me to edit it and save it in a format
    >> ready for burning to a 4.7Gb DVD.
    >
    > Basic. Sonic MyDVD comes with most burners and works fine for the very
    > basics. Otherwise, Roxio EZ-CD creator 7 or Nero 6 Ultra with both do it
    > w/o extra programs.
    >
    > These will all do the basics w/o much money spent, and do the job fine.
    >
    > ---
    >
    > Above that?
    >
    > One program: Ulead DVD Workshop. Simple to use, yet very powerful.
    > Highly rated by www.dv.com magazine and others, does a lot w/o going into
    > technical specifics ala Sonic Scenarist (what the movie companies use).
    >
    >> Out of interest what format is the video converted to prior to burning to
    >> DVD?
    >
    > MPEG-2

Tuner Cards Video Software Graphics