NEC AccuSync 95F - Good Choice? (Or Alternatives)

guptasa1

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2001
Hey all!
Here's my situation. I'm upgrading my monitor (which is starting to go), and I've decided to go with a 19" model. I looked over several choices and finally settled on the NEC MultiSync 950+. I received it the other day, and am not particularly happy. First of all, it is an aperature grille model, and the two wire shadows from the lines that stabilize it are driving me absolutely nuts. Also, there appear to be 10 vertical bars of lighter colors that bug me, in addition to it appearing to blink off every once and a while (which may be a computer issue since I'm testing it on a laptop). At any rate, although the colors are vibrant, I've decided to send it back because the picture quality is simply not what I hoped for, and I don't think I can get used to those wire shadows (even if I could correct the vertical lines with moire settings).
So, now I've decided to go with a more standard CRT - one without the lines that bug me so. I'd still like a flat screen, and one of the only ones of this type I've found is the NEC AccuSync 95F. I actually have this on order to go out Monday, but can cancel it in favor of a better choice if there is one. My top criteria are:
- 19"
- NO lines of any type
- Flat Screen
- White/Beige cabinet
I've read as much as I can find about the AccuSync 95F, and most of the things I've heard are positive (though unfortunately there are definitely a number of defective units out there). Anyone have this, and is it a good choice? Or is there a better model that meets the above criteria out there?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Shaun

G

it is a good choice, have you looked at pricewatch.com to see how much you could get it for?

guptasa1

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2001
Heya, and thanks for the input. Actually, since I'm sending the 950+ back, I thought I should probably get it at the same place just to be fair to them (Gateway Accessory Store by NECX Direct). Though they do have a pretty good price, a good return policy, and free shipping which is a big plus!

Thanks a lot,
Shaun