shirley

When I try to connect to remote assistance through the IM
messenger window it says that I can't as I need to
download the latest Messenger. I have this 6.02.2 and
prior to getting this new computer could get remote
assistance. In messenger I can use a web cam, microphone
receive files but just can't get to use remote
assistance. Can anyone help with a solution..Cheers

We have experienced this recently as well. We discovered several causes and several potential fixes as well.
Easiest fix is to DL the Windows Messenger (not IM or MSN) updates. This has fixed the issues in about 50% of the cases.

Other that has worked for us is to completely remove MSN Messenger and then reinstall it.