Vegas Video - editing audio/video indepently?

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,comp.publish.cdrom.software,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Sorry, gang, one last challenge today. I'm fortunate in that I have
the pdf manual as well as the help file, but after doing some more
searches in both, not finding instruction on how to do this - I have
part of a vid I'm working on that has unwanted audio at the end. But
I'd like to keep the rest of the image. It's currently fading to
black perfectly, but the audio part is no good as it starts on a new
subject and that's what I'd like to edit out of the audio so that the
fade is smooth on not abrupt.

Thanks once again. Appreciate the great help. <g>

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,comp.publish.cdrom.software,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:52:57 -0400, RSWilson <SpamBeGone@NoSpam.com>
wrote:

>I have part of a vid I'm working on that has unwanted audio at the end.

Right click on the audio track and select Group -> Remove From.
Or click on the audio track and hit the U key.

Now you can edit the audio and video track separately.

If necessary you can join the audio and video track again by selecting
both tracks and hitting the G key (or right clicking and selecting Group
-> Create New). To select multiple tracks/clips click on the first and
hold down the Control key while selecting the other tracks/clips.