Help with downloading .wmv video file from http server

I was wondering if it is possible to download a .wmv video file from
an http server, who's html source embeds the link inside a javascript
playmedia2 function. Here is the example:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/multimedia/tp_archive.jsp?c_id=bos

has links to .wmv files that open windows media player like so:
'mlb_tp',cid: 'mlb',fid: 'mlb_tp56',v:'2'}))" >

Since these .wmv files reside on the server, isn't there a way to
download them to local hard drive?

Thanks

I am not sure you understood my original question ... I would like to
download and save the *wmv files from the above server, but they open
up and am unable to do so.....

"Ken North" <knorth2@deletethis.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<cj4st3$18i$1@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com>...
> > I was wondering if it is possible to download a .wmv video file from
> > an http server
>
> Something simpler:
>
> from:
> http://www.webservicessummit.com/People/EHarold.htm
>

> ======== Ken North ===========
> www.WebServicesSummit.com
> www.SQLSummit.com
> www.GridSummit.com

Right click on the file name and "save target as"

--

Dave Jones
817-896-4277

"marat" <mruvinov@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am not sure you understood my original question ... I would like to
> download and save the *wmv files from the above server, but they open
> up and am unable to do so.....
>
> "Ken North" <knorth2@deletethis.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > I was wondering if it is possible to download a .wmv video file from
> > > an http server
> >
> > Something simpler:
> >
> > from:
> > http://www.webservicessummit.com/People/EHarold.htm
> >

> > ======== Ken North ===========
> > www.WebServicesSummit.com
> > www.SQLSummit.com
> > www.GridSummit.com

Unfortunately that does not work... The file is embedded inside
javascript. Please see the website URL above with details. Is there
any way to do this?

"The Videoguy" <dj76116NOSPAM@swbell.net> wrote in message news:<zd16d.14164$yp2.6168@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>...
> Right click on the file name and "save target as"
>
> --
>
> Dave Jones
> 817-896-4277
> Independent Video Productions
> www.vdoguy.com
>

> "marat" <mruvinov@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I am not sure you understood my original question ... I would like to
> > download and save the *wmv files from the above server, but they open
> > up and am unable to do so.....
> >
> > "Ken North" <knorth2@deletethis.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Something simpler:
> > >
> > > from:
> > > http://www.webservicessummit.com/People/EHarold.htm
> > >

> > > ======== Ken North ===========
> > > www.WebServicesSummit.com
> > > www.SQLSummit.com
> > > www.GridSummit.com

"marat" wrote ...
> Unfortunately that does not work... The file is embedded inside
> javascript. Please see the website URL above with details. Is there
> any way to do this?

Huh? Perhaps you should try re-posting the exact
URL of the page you're refering to, and the name(s)
of the specific WMV clips.

I actually tried it and saw nothing like javascript, etc.
It looked like a completely straightforward link and I
was able to select download with no problems. I did
not actually download the file as I have only 56K dialup
here.

"Richard Crowley" <rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote in message news:<10lis00ckdvsl2b@corp.supernews.com>...
> "marat" wrote ...
> > Unfortunately that does not work... The file is embedded inside
> > javascript. Please see the website URL above with details. Is there
> > any way to do this?

the URL, as mentioned in 1st post of thread is
http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/multimedia/tp_archive.jsp?c_id=bos

It contains a bunch of video links which are available in 56K or 350K
format. Clicking on the links opens a window, but does NOT allow right
clicking and saving to hardrive - ie, right click + save target as
does not work. Any ideas on how to prevent the window from opening and
just saving to disk ?

> "Richard Crowley" <rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote in message
>> "marat" wrote ...
>> > Unfortunately that does not work... The file is embedded inside
>> > javascript. Please see the website URL above with details. Is there
>> > any way to do this?
>

> the URL, as mentioned in 1st post of thread is
> http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/multimedia/tp_archive.jsp?c_id=bos
>
> It contains a bunch of video links which are available in 56K or 350K
> format. Clicking on the links opens a window, but does NOT allow right
> clicking and saving to hardrive - ie, right click + save target as
> does not work. Any ideas on how to prevent the window from opening and
> just saving to disk ?

When I "mouse-over" one of those links I see the path of the WMV
file. A few minutes of experimenting to discover the topology of the
website will allow you to directly access the files and save them.
I have done this successfully with several other websites.

I'm using Internet Exploder 6.0 (but same behavior in many other
browsers and for several generations).

OH that one.. Yea you can't click on it.. but play it, then you can dig it
out of the temporary files area. Maybe it will work, maybe not, but if not,
you can use the windows media encoder to fix it

--

> Unfortunately that does not work... The file is embedded inside
> javascript. Please see the website URL above with details. Is there
> any way to do this?
>

> "The Videoguy" <dj76116NOSPAM@swbell.net> wrote in message
> > Right click on the file name and "save target as"
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dave Jones
> > 817-896-4277
> > Independent Video Productions
> > www.vdoguy.com
> >

> > "marat" <mruvinov@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > I am not sure you understood my original question ... I would like to
> > > download and save the *wmv files from the above server, but they open
> > > up and am unable to do so.....
> > >
> > > "Ken North" <knorth2@deletethis.yahoo.com> wrote in message

I would provide you this solution.

As someone say,
'2004/open/topplays/archive09/092304_balbos_ramirez_rbi_56.wmv' is
the path, this is ture. However actually we don't know the absolute path
of this link. If you had downloaded when once, you can know the absolute
path of which is downloadable to see files in "Temporary Internet Files".

It may exist as *.dat and it have its own address information.

for example, 'Ortiz's three-run homer' in
http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/multimedia/tp_archive.jsp?c_id=bos,
'mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2004/open/topplays/archive10/100104_bosbal_ortiz_hr_350.wmv#0;1.000;0;0;1:2;2:2'
is the absokute path. This is a sreaming files so we can't download to
local
drive as normal way but we can do to using tools as below:

- Net Transport v1.92 http://www.xi-soft.com/download.htm
- GetASFStream http://homepage2.nifty.com/scallop/soft6.html (Japanese
only)

You should indicate path
'http://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm...../100104_bosbal_ortiz_hr_350.wmv'
via these tools. I confirm we can get to local drive.

Thanks