Help transfering mini dv via usb to pc

sharon

I've just borrowed a Canon MV650i from work today and I would like to
transfer a movie from its mini dv tape to my pc, as I understand it
this is a usb only camera, I only have a usb cable anyway.

I've connected to the pc with no luck so I decided to read the manual
and the ah heck turns out to be only in French German and Italian I
don't know if we have an English one at work or not but I don't think
so as this has been sitting in its box for a year now with no one
using it so I doubt there is an English version of the manual there.

All I want to know is what do I do to get the movie from the DV tape
to my pc. I have Canopus ADVC 100 Adobe premier and pinnacle studio if
that is any help.

I've tried to find somewhere to download a manual but with no luck.

Thanks for any help

Sharon said:

<< its mini dv tape to my pc, as I understand it
this is a usb only camera, I only have a usb cable anyway. >>

If it is a mini dv, the chances that it is USB only is about zero. Buy a
firewire cable.

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave

sharon

On 24 Sep 2004 20:55:16 GMT, davesvideo@aol.com (DavesVideo) wrote:

++>>Sharon said:
++>>
++>><< its mini dv tape to my pc, as I understand it
++>>this is a usb only camera, I only have a usb cable anyway. >>
++>>
++>>If it is a mini dv, the chances that it is USB only is about zero.
Buy a
++>>firewire cable.
++>>
++>>
++>>Dave
++>>http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave

Hi
I've checked again and I found the little ah heck (Firewire I mean)
I'm currently using the firewire lead from my Canopus and it seems to
be working ok.

Thanks

This is not a USB only camera - it has both USB and Firewire sockets -
BUT to download (capture) your movies to your computer you need to use
the Firewire connection. - you can download stills that are stored on
your card via USB tho.

Cheers

David - who has a Canon 630i - a slightly less well equipped model -

PS I think the manual is available online from the Canon site