Difference between Terminal Server 2000 and Remote Desktop..

Is there any difference? I'm trying to setup terminal services and I
would like to configure my network so everyone from the outside can't
hit the SQL servers, etc. I had our outside IT guys build a dedicated
terminal services machine. Is Terminal Server 2000 seperate or built
into Microsoft Server 2K?
1 answer Last reply
More about difference terminal server 2000 remote desktop

    Terminal Server is built into 2000 Server, XP Pro & Server 2003. The difference on XP Pro is that it can NOT host multiple, concurrent sessions, whereas the server OS can support as many as the hardware can handle

    2000 Terminal Server Licensing FAQ:
    http://www.workthin.com/tsls2k.htm

    Application Installation FAQ:
    http://www.workthin.com/tsai.htm

    Patrick Rouse
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    http://www.workthin.com

    ----- Nick Messick wrote: -----

    Is there any difference? I'm trying to setup terminal services and I
    would like to configure my network so everyone from the outside can't
    hit the SQL servers, etc. I had our outside IT guys build a dedicated
    terminal services machine. Is Terminal Server 2000 seperate or built
    into Microsoft Server 2K?

Remote Desktop Terminal Microsoft Terminal Server Windows XP