remote desktop for admin not work

I have a NT4 workstation with Remote Desktop Connection
installed but I can´t use it.(I will contact my Domain
Controller-server2003) because I get a message:..." The
remote session was disconnected because there are not
Terminal Server License Servers available to provide a
license. Please, contact the server administrator.."...
Min DC 2003 has enabled remote connection (disable by
default) and I know that I not need to install terminal
server. A terminal server License Server and the Terminal
server Licensing administrative tools are NOT REQUIERED
FOR REMOTE DESKTOP FOR ADMINISTRATION ! I know that I can
create up to 2 simultaneous remote connections!
What I can do????
6 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop admin work

    enrique wrote:
    > I have a NT4 workstation with Remote Desktop Connection
    > installed but I can´t use it.(I will contact my Domain
    > Controller-server2003) because I get a message:..." The
    > remote session was disconnected because there are not
    > Terminal Server License Servers available to provide a
    > license. Please, contact the server administrator.."...
    > Min DC 2003 has enabled remote connection (disable by
    > default) and I know that I not need to install terminal
    > server. A terminal server License Server and the Terminal
    > server Licensing administrative tools are NOT REQUIERED
    > FOR REMOTE DESKTOP FOR ADMINISTRATION ! I know that I can
    > create up to 2 simultaneous remote connections!
    > What I can do????

    I believe the part you are referring to only applies if the product came
    with the capability. NT4 did not come with this capability. You installed
    a seperate component.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    This problem is identical from Xp or 2000. I get the
    message : "The
    >> remote session was disconnected because there are not
    >> Terminal Server License Servers available to provide a
    >> license. Please, contact the server administrator.."...
    /Enrique

    warranties of any

    Enrique wrote:
    > This problem is identical from Xp or 2000. I get the
    > message : "The
    >>> remote session was disconnected because there are not
    >>> Terminal Server License Servers available to provide a
    >>> license. Please, contact the server administrator.."...
    > /Enrique

    If you're getting this message on other workstation OS versions, the problem
    is with your server. Double check that terminal services is NOT installed
    and that only remote desktop is enabled, and that the permissions therein
    are set properly.

    <snip

    Try these
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283760
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304080
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;280667

    --
    - Manjari
    "enrique" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    I have a NT4 workstation with Remote Desktop Connection
    installed but I can´t use it.(I will contact my Domain
    Controller-server2003) because I get a message:..." The
    remote session was disconnected because there are not
    Terminal Server License Servers available to provide a
    license. Please, contact the server administrator.."...
    Min DC 2003 has enabled remote connection (disable by
    default) and I know that I not need to install terminal
    server. A terminal server License Server and the Terminal
    server Licensing administrative tools are NOT REQUIERED
    FOR REMOTE DESKTOP FOR ADMINISTRATION ! I know that I can
    create up to 2 simultaneous remote connections!
    What I can do????

    1.-http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
    us;283760...solution: To resolve this issue, obtain a
    LICENSE for the client to connect to the Terminal Server.
    2.-http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
    us;304080 ...Solution This issue can occur if the Terminal
    Server Licensing Server is installed as an Enterprise
    License server.
    3.-http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
    us;280667.- This issue may occur if File and Printer
    Sharing is disabled on the Licensing Server

    Sorry but I repeat that according to Microsoft A terminal
    server License Server and the Terminal server Licensing
    administrative tools are NOT REQUIERED FOR REMOTE DESKTOP
    FOR ADMINISTRATION AND YOU 3 PROPOSITIONS IS ABOUT
    LICENSING SERVER OR Terminal Server Licensing Server.
    What I can do ???

    us;283760
    us;304080
    us;280667

    >--
    >- Manjari
    confers no rights.
    >"enrique" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >I have a NT4 workstation with Remote Desktop Connection
    >installed but I can´t use it.(I will contact my Domain
    >Controller-server2003) because I get a message:..." The
    >remote session was disconnected because there are not
    >Terminal Server License Servers available to provide a
    >license. Please, contact the server administrator.."...
    >Min DC 2003 has enabled remote connection (disable by
    >default) and I know that I not need to install terminal
    >server. A terminal server License Server and the Terminal
    >server Licensing administrative tools are NOT REQUIERED
    >FOR REMOTE DESKTOP FOR ADMINISTRATION ! I know that I can
    >create up to 2 simultaneous remote connections!
    >What I can do????
    >

    >.

    & if it is a Windows 2000 server, then Terminal Services must be
    installed in Remote Administrative Mode..

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Wed, 26 May 2004 09:50:53 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
    <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

    >Enrique wrote:
    >> This problem is identical from Xp or 2000. I get the
    >> message : "The
    >> /Enrique
    >
    >If you're getting this message on other workstation OS versions, the problem
    >is with your server. Double check that terminal services is NOT installed
    >and that only remote desktop is enabled, and that the permissions therein
    >are set properly.
    >
    ><snip

Remote Desktop Connection License Servers Windows XP