remote desktop for admin not work

Enrique

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

I have a NT4 workstation with Remote Desktop Connection
installed but I can´t use it.(I will contact my Domain
Controller-server2003) because I get a message:..." The
remote session was disconnected because there are not
Terminal Server License Servers available to provide a
license. Please, contact the server administrator.."...
Min DC 2003 has enabled remote connection (disable by
default) and I know that I not need to install terminal
server. A terminal server License Server and the Terminal
server Licensing administrative tools are NOT REQUIERED
FOR REMOTE DESKTOP FOR ADMINISTRATION ! I know that I can
create up to 2 simultaneous remote connections!
What I can do????

enrique wrote:
> I have a NT4 workstation with Remote Desktop Connection
> installed but I can´t use it.(I will contact my Domain
> Controller-server2003) because I get a message:..." The
> remote session was disconnected because there are not
> Terminal Server License Servers available to provide a
> license. Please, contact the server administrator.."...
> Min DC 2003 has enabled remote connection (disable by
> default) and I know that I not need to install terminal
> server. A terminal server License Server and the Terminal
> server Licensing administrative tools are NOT REQUIERED
> FOR REMOTE DESKTOP FOR ADMINISTRATION ! I know that I can
> create up to 2 simultaneous remote connections!
> What I can do????

I believe the part you are referring to only applies if the product came
with the capability. NT4 did not come with this capability. You installed
a seperate component.

--
<- Shenan ->

Enrique

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

This problem is identical from Xp or 2000. I get the
message : "The
>> remote session was disconnected because there are not
>> Terminal Server License Servers available to provide a
>> license. Please, contact the server administrator.."...
/Enrique

warranties of any
>kind, express or implied. In other words, read up before
you take any
>advice - you are the one ultimately responsible for your
actions.

Enrique wrote:
> This problem is identical from Xp or 2000. I get the
> message : "The
>>> remote session was disconnected because there are not
>>> Terminal Server License Servers available to provide a
>>> license. Please, contact the server administrator.."...
> /Enrique

If you're getting this message on other workstation OS versions, the problem
is with your server. Double check that terminal services is NOT installed
and that only remote desktop is enabled, and that the permissions therein
are set properly.

<snip

Try these
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283760
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304080
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;280667

--
- Manjari
"enrique" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I have a NT4 workstation with Remote Desktop Connection
installed but I can´t use it.(I will contact my Domain
Controller-server2003) because I get a message:..." The
remote session was disconnected because there are not
Terminal Server License Servers available to provide a
license. Please, contact the server administrator.."...
Min DC 2003 has enabled remote connection (disable by
default) and I know that I not need to install terminal
server. A terminal server License Server and the Terminal
server Licensing administrative tools are NOT REQUIERED
FOR REMOTE DESKTOP FOR ADMINISTRATION ! I know that I can
create up to 2 simultaneous remote connections!
What I can do????

Enrique

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

1.-http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
us;283760...solution: To resolve this issue, obtain a
LICENSE for the client to connect to the Terminal Server.
2.-http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
us;304080 ...Solution This issue can occur if the Terminal
Server Licensing Server is installed as an Enterprise
License server.
3.-http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
us;280667.- This issue may occur if File and Printer
Sharing is disabled on the Licensing Server

Sorry but I repeat that according to Microsoft A terminal
server License Server and the Terminal server Licensing
administrative tools are NOT REQUIERED FOR REMOTE DESKTOP
FOR ADMINISTRATION AND YOU 3 PROPOSITIONS IS ABOUT
LICENSING SERVER OR Terminal Server Licensing Server.
What I can do ???

us;283760
us;304080
us;280667

>--
>- Manjari
confers no rights.
>"enrique" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>I have a NT4 workstation with Remote Desktop Connection
>installed but I can´t use it.(I will contact my Domain
>Controller-server2003) because I get a message:..." The
>remote session was disconnected because there are not
>Terminal Server License Servers available to provide a
>license. Please, contact the server administrator.."...
>Min DC 2003 has enabled remote connection (disable by
>default) and I know that I not need to install terminal
>server. A terminal server License Server and the Terminal
>server Licensing administrative tools are NOT REQUIERED
>FOR REMOTE DESKTOP FOR ADMINISTRATION ! I know that I can
>create up to 2 simultaneous remote connections!
>What I can do????
>

>.

& if it is a Windows 2000 server, then Terminal Services must be
installed in Remote Administrative Mode..

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com