VegasVideo4 - changing default fade type?

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,comp.publish.cdrom.software,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

This is a bit aggravating <g>. I read the help file then I look
through the pdf manual, but don't always find what I'm looking for.
Hoping someone here can help again. I always use change the fade type
from the way line to the straight one. I tend to prefer that. The
manual keeps saying to refer to the editing tab to change the
crossfade type (same thing?) but I don't see where to do that. Does
anyone know how to change the default for fading?

Thank you!

RSWilson wrote:
> This is a bit aggravating <g>. I read the help file then I look
> through the pdf manual, but don't always find what I'm looking for.
> Hoping someone here can help again. I always use change the fade type
> from the way line to the straight one. I tend to prefer that. The
> manual keeps saying to refer to the editing tab to change the
> crossfade type (same thing?) but I don't see where to do that. Does
> anyone know how to change the default for fading?
>
> Thank you!

Looks like a misprint in the manual as there's no editing tab option (in
Vegas 3, 4 or 5) to change the default fade type. Sorry :-(

Mike

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,comp.publish.cdrom.software,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 19:50:32 -0400, "Mike Kujbida"
<kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>RSWilson wrote:
>> This is a bit aggravating <g>. I read the help file then I look
>> through the pdf manual, but don't always find what I'm looking for.
>> Hoping someone here can help again. I always use change the fade type
>> from the way line to the straight one. I tend to prefer that. The
>> manual keeps saying to refer to the editing tab to change the
>> crossfade type (same thing?) but I don't see where to do that. Does
>> anyone know how to change the default for fading?
>>
>> Thank you!
>

>Looks like a misprint in the manual as there's no editing tab option (in
>Vegas 3, 4 or 5) to change the default fade type. Sorry :-(

Darn. Or I'm not reading it right. That's a shame, as when I was
just doing a slight show, for every bit of text or image I added had
to change the fade-in and fade-out manually each time. For some
reason, the default is not as smooth as the one I like. <sigh>
Everything had been going just peachy until this <sigh>. Ah well.
Can't always have one's cake and eat it, too.

Thanks.

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,comp.publish.cdrom.software,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 06:33:24 -0400, RSWilson <SpamBeGone@NoSpam.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 19:50:32 -0400, "Mike Kujbida"
><kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

>>RSWilson wrote:
>>> This is a bit aggravating <g>. I read the help file then I look
>>> through the pdf manual, but don't always find what I'm looking for.
>>> Hoping someone here can help again. I always use change the fade type
>>> from the way line to the straight one. I tend to prefer that. The
>>> manual keeps saying to refer to the editing tab to change the
>>> crossfade type (same thing?) but I don't see where to do that. Does
>>> anyone know how to change the default for fading?
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>

>>Looks like a misprint in the manual as there's no editing tab option (in
>>Vegas 3, 4 or 5) to change the default fade type. Sorry :-(

[snip]

>just doing a slight show, for every bit of text or image I added had

[snip]

Oops, a case of brain thinking one thing but fingers typing something
else. To avoid confusion, that should be "slide" show. Tx.

RSWilson:
> for every bit of text or image I added had
>to change the fade-in and fade-out manually each time. For some
>reason, the default is not as smooth as the one I like. <sigh>

Eat cake you will. Paste Event Attributes to the rescue.
Set first transition/fade envelope how you want it. Right click in the
trans/fade area and select Copy. Now right click on next next trans/fade. If
you want to change all trans/fades on that track, right click for "select
events to end". Right click the trans/fade and select Paste Event Attributes.
All you trans/fades on selected events will change.
Use of the ctrl key will let you multi select which trans/fades you paste to.
PEA also works for event fx and pan/crop settings. Umm, yummy cake it is.

Craig H.

On 26 Sep 2004 18:06:17 GMT, highpeaksvideo@aol.com (HighPeaksVideo)
wrote:

>RSWilson:
> > for every bit of text or image I added had
>>to change the fade-in and fade-out manually each time. For some
>>reason, the default is not as smooth as the one I like. <sigh>
>
> Eat cake you will. Paste Event Attributes to the rescue.
> Set first transition/fade envelope how you want it. Right click in the
>trans/fade area and select Copy. Now right click on next next trans/fade. If
>you want to change all trans/fades on that track, right click for "select
>events to end". Right click the trans/fade and select Paste Event Attributes.
>All you trans/fades on selected events will change.
> Use of the ctrl key will let you multi select which trans/fades you paste to.
> PEA also works for event fx and pan/crop settings. Umm, yummy cake it is.
>
>Craig H.

<chuckle> wow, must try this out. Thanks for the tip. I'm glad
there's a way to do this more globally. Will give it a try to the
completed project just for fun to see how this goes.

Thanks!