Desktop and Lartop not Communicating

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a wireless system connecting my desktop and laptop.
Today, I cannot access my project files on the desktop
from the laptop - previously everything worked fine. I
have a good signal, and can use E-mail, etc. remotely, but
not any files. When I try to access the desktop files
from the laptop I get this message: "The driver or
network connection that the shortcut ... refers to is
unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly
inseerted or the network resource is available, and then
try again." Any ideas on what I should check?

Thank You!!!

Hi Bob,

Sounds like you lost the mapped network drive.. - Instead
of using the shortcut, browse the network drive/folder
using my network places - when you get to the folder,
right click on it, and choose Map Network drive, or -
Just open My Network Places - click tools along the top -
and choose Map Network Drive - browse to the correct
path.. - Basically your shortcut probablly indicates
reads a path like e:\myothercomputersfolder\ - You'll
need to map drive E: again.. This can happen if you have
mapped the drive, but lost network connection -then
rebooted, without the network connection..

Hope this helps..

-Get IT Done-

Bob

Distinguished