Problem with kodak easyshare and drive image

Ever since I installed powerquest's drive image I've been unable to transfer
pictures from my kodak easyshare camera direct to my pc. I understand this
is a common problem, but does anyone know if there's a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
-
http://www.herowar.com/recruit.phtml?id=14238
5 answers Last reply
More about problem kodak easyshare drive image

    Hello,

    I had the same problem with norton ghost about 2 months ago.
    I posted the problem here and somebody from Kodak told me that they would
    analyze the problem.
    That was the last thing I heard...
    So maybe Kodak will wake up a little bit and tell us what to do?
    I can not even imagine that a company like Kodak is unwilling or unable to
    tell us something about it.

    Best regards

    Wolfgang Straile

    "K9" <nospam@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Ever since I installed powerquest's drive image I've been unable to
    > transfer
    > pictures from my kodak easyshare camera direct to my pc. I understand
    > this
    > is a common problem, but does anyone know if there's a way to fix it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > -
    > http://www.herowar.com/recruit.phtml?id=14238

    Greetings K9,

    Sorry to hear about your experience, K9, I am glad to help.

    I suspect that the software is conflicting with another manufacturer's
    program. Programs like PowerQuest Drive Image 7, PowerQuest v2i Protector,
    and Partition Magic, or others that do similar things are suspect. Sine you
    noted that one of these programs is installed on your system, the camera may
    not mount properly. The software does not recognize that a camera has been
    connected. Right-clicking the Kodak EasyShare icon in the task bar and
    selecting "Transfer Now" generates an error; EasyShare indicates that a
    connected device cannot be found.

    When you get an image transfer error where the camera is showing as a drive
    in My Computer but is not accessible and gets error messages when trying to
    access this drive, KODAK EASYSHARE Software may be conflicting with another
    manufacturer's program. The programs which are known to conflict are
    PowerQuest Drive Image 7, PowerQuest v2i Protector, and Partition Magic. If
    one of these programs is installed on the system, the camera will not mount
    properly. Verify the following programs are installed on the system.

    * PowerQuest Drive Image 7
    * PowerQuest v2i Protector
    * Partition Magic

    Note: PowerQuest was recently purchased by Symantec. The program names may
    have change to Symantec Drive Image 7 or Symantec v2i Protector. Before
    uninstalling these programs, make sure they are able to be re-installed and
    a copy is accessible, either on CD or downloadable.

    1. Verify the programs are installed on the system by opening the Control
    Panel, then open Add/Remove Programs.
    2. Locate, select, and remove the following programs.
    * PowerQuest Drive Image 7
    * PowerQuest v2i Protector
    * Partition Magic
    3. Once these programs are removed, close all windows and restart the
    computer.
    4. When the computer is back up and the EasyShare icon appears by the clock
    in the System Tray, connect the camera and attempt the transfer.
    5. Once the connection and transfer are confirmed to be working properly,
    the PowerQuest/Symantec and Partition Magic programs can be re-installed.

    I have tried this a couple of times, but uninstalling the PowerQuest or
    Symantec programs and then re-installing them after EasyShare is working may
    or may not work. If working with Windows XP, changing to the Windows XP
    drivers is another workaround for this conflict. However the Sharing and
    Favorites features between the camera and software will be lost when using
    the Windows XP drivers with EasyShare software.

    Good luck, K9, let me know how you make out.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    "K9" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Ever since I installed powerquest's drive image I've been unable to
    transfer
    > pictures from my kodak easyshare camera direct to my pc. I understand
    this
    > is a common problem, but does anyone know if there's a way to fix it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > -
    > http://www.herowar.com/recruit.phtml?id=14238

    I had a similar problem with the easyshare and my DX3600 after installing my
    webcam.
    I uninstalled the easyshare software and installed a card reader.
    best of luck
    Peter

    "Wolfgang Straile" <W.Straile@t-online.de> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I had the same problem with norton ghost about 2 months ago.
    > I posted the problem here and somebody from Kodak told me that they would
    > analyze the problem.
    > That was the last thing I heard...
    > So maybe Kodak will wake up a little bit and tell us what to do?
    > I can not even imagine that a company like Kodak is unwilling or unable to
    > tell us something about it.
    >
    > Best regards
    >
    > Wolfgang Straile
    >

    > "K9" <nospam@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > Ever since I installed powerquest's drive image I've been unable to
    > > transfer
    > > pictures from my kodak easyshare camera direct to my pc. I understand
    > > this
    > > is a common problem, but does anyone know if there's a way to fix it?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > > -
    > > http://www.herowar.com/recruit.phtml?id=14238

    Dear Ron,

    as I mentioned earlier, the problem also occurs with Norton Ghost.
    So most of the popular backup software is incompatible with the Easyshare
    software.
    It seems to me that all these deinstalling and reinstalling hints are
    unacceptable for everyday use.

    I think that Kodak has to solve the real problem.

    Best regards

    W. Straile
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Greetings Wolfgang,

    I have shared this with the EasyShare team as they welcome feedback. Making
    changes takes a bit of time, however, and the teams are already aware of
    that situation. Work is most likely already under way to help resolve some
    of those issues. EasyShare is a living program. Thanks for your comments,
    I will make sure they get to the right people.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    > Dear Ron,
    >
    > as I mentioned earlier, the problem also occurs with Norton Ghost.
    > So most of the popular backup software is incompatible with the Easyshare
    > software.
    > It seems to me that all these deinstalling and reinstalling hints are
    > unacceptable for everyday use.
    >
    > I think that Kodak has to solve the real problem.
    >

    > Best regards
    >
    > W. Straile

Cameras Kodak Peripherals