Remote Desktop Connection

Workstation is running wxp pro. Connected to the internet via sbs 2003 premium ed. Other clients on the network have no problems in connecting to their external clients using remote desktop or a terminal server client (ISA is not an issue here). This workstation surfaces error "Remote Desktop Disconnected:::The client could not establish a connection to the remote computer. I have pul;led down the applicable KB articles and verified the TS port in the registry. All is as it should be. The workstation has no problems in pinging clients or internet access in general just the RD application. I believe the problem is within the OS but can anyone take me deeper into the root of the error?

I would like to solve this issue without wiping the OS and reinstalling it.

Many thanks to the GURUS in advance...

This is a sporadic error... Common causes are an invalid subnet mask
for the class network you are on or a bad client release. Try
reinstalling the client SW from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/rdclientdl.asp

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com