printing to local printer from remote network

I have been having problems trying to access my local printer when I am logged on to my main office network. We normally log on using Citrix. However owing to the problems I decided to log on using XP remote connection, I can access my server without any problems and any applications but whenever I try to print the following message appears

An error has occurred in the cript on this page
Line 1174
Char 1
Error Unspecified Error
Code 0
URLres//C:\WINNT\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

YES NO

I am using Windows XP Home edition and my printer is LEXMARK 3100 Series
3 answers Last reply
More about printing local printer remote network

    Hi,

    You can resolve the error by following the instructions in the URL given
    below:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303486&Product=ie600

    or

    Error Message When You Attempt to Print a Web Page: An Error Has Occurred
    in the Script on This Page
    View products that this article applies to.
    SYMPTOMS
    In Microsoft Internet Explorer, when you attempt to print a Web page to a
    file, you may experience one of the following symptoms:
    When you use the Print command on the File menu to print the Web page to a
    file, you receive an error message similar to the following:

    An error has occurred in the script on this page.

    Line: 1210
    Char: 1
    Error: Unspecified error.
    Code: 0

    Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
    When you use the Print Preview command on the File menu, and then print the
    Web page to a file from within the Print Preview window, you receive the
    following error message:

    There was an internal error, and Internet Explorer is unable to print this
    document.
    In each case, the document is printed correctly.
    CAUSE
    This behavior occurs if both of the following conditions are true:
    You use a PostScript printer driver.
    You select Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) output in the printer name
    Properties dialog box, where printer name is the name of your PostScript
    printer.
    This behavior can also occur if you configure your printer to add a header
    and footer to each page that you print.
    RESOLUTION
    To resolve this issue, use the appropriate method.
    Postscript Printer Driver
    Clear the Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) output selection in the printer
    name Properties dialog box.
    Remove Header and Footer from Printer Properties
    Use the Printers tool in Control panel to remove or disable any automatic
    headers and footers. For information about how to do this, please see the
    printed documentation or online Help file for your printer.

    Hope this helps.

    S.Vijay

    Thanks Vijay,

    but my issue is not printing from the web or explorer but printing from another network. I cannot even print a word document from my companies network.

    Hi,

    Check whether you have configured the local printer properly.

    This you can do by following the instructions in the article given below:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312135&Product=winxp

    or

    HOW TO: Make a Local Printer Available During a Connection to a Remote
    Desktop in Windows XP Professional

    SUMMARY

    Requirements
    How to Make a Local Printer Available in a Remote Desktop Session
    SUMMARY
    By default, when you try to print from a program that is running on a
    computer that you are connected to with a Remote Desktop connection, you
    can gain access to printers that are available to the remote Windows XP
    Professional-based computer. You can make a local printer (for example, a
    printer that is on the client computer) available for printing. This
    article describes how to make a local printer available for printing while
    you use the Remote Desktop feature.

    back to the top
    Requirements
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    back to the top
    How to Make a Local Printer Available in a Remote Desktop Session

    The Remote Desktop feature is based on Terminal Services technology. When
    you use Remote Desktop, you can run programs from any other client that is
    running Windows on a remote computer that is running Windows XP
    Professional. When you do this, you can gain access to your Windows XP
    Professional-based desktop from almost any remote connection, that provides
    secure access to programs, files, and network resources.

    When you use Remote Desktop from a Windows XP-based client computer, many
    of the client's resources, such as files and printers, are available in the
    Remote Desktop connection. You can route printing jobs from the remote
    Windows XP-based desktop to a printer that is attached to your local
    computer. When you log the client onto the remote computer, the local
    printer is detected and the appropriate printer driver is installed on the
    remote computer.

    To make a local printer available in a Remote Desktop session:
    Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to
    Communications, and then click Remote Desktop Connection.
    Click Options in the Remote Desktop Connection dialog box.
    Click the Local Resources tab.
    Click Printers in the Local Devices box.
    Click Connect.
    After you establish the remote connection and log on to the remote
    computer, the local printer that is connected to the client becomes the
    default printer for any programs that are running on the remote desktop. If
    the client has more than one printer attached to it, the default printer
    for the computer becomes the default printer on the remote desktop;
    however, all local printers are available.

    Note that when you click Connect, the settings that you specify in the
    Remote Desktop Connection dialog box are used as the default settings for
    all new connections. On the General tab in the Remote Desktop Connection
    dialog box, you can save a collection of settings to a Remote Desktop file.
    When you do this, you can create different groups of settings for
    connections to different remote desktops.

    Hope this helps.

    S.Vijay

Printers Windows XP