  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 12, 2005 3:04:46 PM

Is this worth to buy ? Where I can get it from ? only thru steam ?

Does HL Source use HiDef model pack ?

More about : half life source

Anonymous
September 12, 2005 4:38:47 PM

* Wesley wrote:
> Is this worth to buy ? Where I can get it from ? only thru steam ?

Yes. Steam or retail shops. No.

> Does HL Source use HiDef model pack ?

Hmm, not sure of that one. HL:Source is the original HL but using the
Source engine. Played it part way through, didn't notice a huge
difference. You can notice some of the physics of the new engine, and
water appears better etc. Have no idea about the hi def models, though.

Notice your other post about enjoying playing HL again with hi def. YOu
will be absolutely blown away with HL2 if you take the plunge. You
won't be sorry. Check to make sure your hardware is up to it.

--
PiG$$ - Pig by name, pig by nature.
Currently playing : HL2:Metastasis, HL:Blue Shift, Far Cry, Doom3

PiG$$ wrote:
> * Wesley wrote:
>
>>Is this worth to buy ? Where I can get it from ? only thru steam ?
>

> Yes. Steam or retail shops. No.
>

>>Does HL Source use HiDef model pack ?
>

> Hmm, not sure of that one. HL:Source is the original HL but using the
> Source engine. Played it part way through, didn't notice a huge
> difference. You can notice some of the physics of the new engine, and
> water appears better etc. Have no idea about the hi def models, though.
>
> Notice your other post about enjoying playing HL again with hi def. YOu
> will be absolutely blown away with HL2 if you take the plunge. You
> won't be sorry. Check to make sure your hardware is up to it.

Further clarification: the Hi-def model pack does NOT apply to Half-Life
Source, which is not surprising given the fact the original HL and HL:S
use entirely different engines, and as such the resources of one cannot
just be dropped in and expected to work in the other.

You can't buy it on it's own, and to be honest, I wouldn't worry about
it. It's a fairly straight port without many of the enhancements that
the Source engine provides. There is a fan-based mod called "Black Mesa:
Source" which is a revamped version of HL for the Source engine, but
it's still in development. Google for it.
November 28, 2008 10:02:34 AM

>Does HL Source use HiDef model pack

crazyb2000:

there is a high def pack but the only way i know to get it is to got through youtube
November 28, 2008 1:51:07 PM

Can we have a rule put in place where newly joined members can only reply to threads that are less than a couple of weeks old?
November 28, 2008 2:15:22 PM

CAPITAL SUGGESTION!
November 29, 2008 12:09:39 AM

how do ppl find these threads anyway?