Half-Life Source

Is this worth to buy ? Where I can get it from ? only thru steam ?

Does HL Source use HiDef model pack ?
6 answers Last reply
More about half life source

    * Wesley wrote:
    > Is this worth to buy ? Where I can get it from ? only thru steam ?

    Yes. Steam or retail shops. No.

    > Does HL Source use HiDef model pack ?

    Hmm, not sure of that one. HL:Source is the original HL but using the
    Source engine. Played it part way through, didn't notice a huge
    difference. You can notice some of the physics of the new engine, and
    water appears better etc. Have no idea about the hi def models, though.

    Notice your other post about enjoying playing HL again with hi def. YOu
    will be absolutely blown away with HL2 if you take the plunge. You
    won't be sorry. Check to make sure your hardware is up to it.

    --
    PiG$$ - Pig by name, pig by nature.
    Currently playing : HL2:Metastasis, HL:Blue Shift, Far Cry, Doom3

    PiG$$ wrote:
    > * Wesley wrote:
    >
    >>Is this worth to buy ? Where I can get it from ? only thru steam ?
    >

    > Yes. Steam or retail shops. No.
    >

    >>Does HL Source use HiDef model pack ?
    >

    > Hmm, not sure of that one. HL:Source is the original HL but using the
    > Source engine. Played it part way through, didn't notice a huge
    > difference. You can notice some of the physics of the new engine, and
    > water appears better etc. Have no idea about the hi def models, though.
    >
    > Notice your other post about enjoying playing HL again with hi def. YOu
    > will be absolutely blown away with HL2 if you take the plunge. You
    > won't be sorry. Check to make sure your hardware is up to it.

    Further clarification: the Hi-def model pack does NOT apply to Half-Life
    Source, which is not surprising given the fact the original HL and HL:S
    use entirely different engines, and as such the resources of one cannot
    just be dropped in and expected to work in the other.

    You can't buy it on it's own, and to be honest, I wouldn't worry about
    it. It's a fairly straight port without many of the enhancements that
    the Source engine provides. There is a fan-based mod called "Black Mesa:
    Source" which is a revamped version of HL for the Source engine, but
    it's still in development. Google for it.
  3. >Does HL Source use HiDef model pack

    crazyb2000:

    there is a high def pack but the only way i know to get it is to got through youtube
  4. Can we have a rule put in place where newly joined members can only reply to threads that are less than a couple of weeks old?
  5. CAPITAL SUGGESTION!
  6. how do ppl find these threads anyway?

Games Steam Video Games