Set TKIP through a GPO?

We are using PEAP-TLS to authenticate our WLAN clients. We setup the XP SP2
clients using a GPO using the new 'Wireless' seetings under security.
It all works fine except it only seems possible to specify WEP as the
encryption in the GPO.
Is this correct?
If I look on the XP SP2 client itself the network interface allows me to
choose:
Network auth: open/shared/wpa

if I choose wpa I can then choose TKIP for the encryption.
Now why arent those settings in the GPO?
I thought the whole point was to be able to do this automatically. Why
doesnt the new SP2 GPO support TKIP.
Or ma I missing something?
Regards
Al Blake, Canberra, Australia

In order to create GPOs with WPA settings you will need a hotfix for your
Server 2003. The KB article is
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811233

For your clients to implement at WPA group policy they will need to have the
WPA updates and hardware that supports WPA as well.

Specifically you will be able to create a GPO that does either TKIP or AES
on your WPA policy. However wireless group policy does not support WPA-PSK.

--
Joshua
[MSFT]

"Al Blake" <al@removethistext.blakes.net> wrote in message
We are using PEAP-TLS to authenticate our WLAN clients. We setup the XP SP2
clients using a GPO using the new 'Wireless' seetings under security.
It all works fine except it only seems possible to specify WEP as the
encryption in the GPO.
Is this correct?
If I look on the XP SP2 client itself the network interface allows me to
choose:
Network auth: open/shared/wpa

if I choose wpa I can then choose TKIP for the encryption.
Now why arent those settings in the GPO?
I thought the whole point was to be able to do this automatically. Why
doesnt the new SP2 GPO support TKIP.
Or ma I missing something?
Regards
Al Blake, Canberra, Australia

Thanks Joshua,
I'll pick up the hotfix and check it out.
Al.

"Joshua Teague [MSFT]" <jteague@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In order to create GPOs with WPA settings you will need a hotfix for your
> Server 2003. The KB article is
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811233
>

> For your clients to implement at WPA group policy they will need to have
> the
> WPA updates and hardware that supports WPA as well.
>

> Specifically you will be able to create a GPO that does either TKIP or AES
> on your WPA policy. However wireless group policy does not support
> WPA-PSK.
>

> --
> Joshua
> [MSFT]
> rights.
>

> "Al Blake" <al@removethistext.blakes.net> wrote in message
> We are using PEAP-TLS to authenticate our WLAN clients. We setup the XP
> SP2
> clients using a GPO using the new 'Wireless' seetings under security.
> It all works fine except it only seems possible to specify WEP as the
> encryption in the GPO.
> Is this correct?
> If I look on the XP SP2 client itself the network interface allows me to
> choose:
> Network auth: open/shared/wpa
>
> if I choose wpa I can then choose TKIP for the encryption.
> Now why arent those settings in the GPO?
> I thought the whole point was to be able to do this automatically. Why
> doesnt the new SP2 GPO support TKIP.
> Or ma I missing something?
> Regards
> Al Blake, Canberra, Australia

Joshua,
I picked up the hotfix but I dont think it does what is is supposed to :(
even with the hotfix installed on my ADC it is still not possible to set
WPA/TKIP settings in a GPO under
Computer
Windows Settings
Security
Wireless Networking

Have I missed something?
Al.

"Joshua Teague [MSFT]" <jteague@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In order to create GPOs with WPA settings you will need a hotfix for your
> Server 2003. The KB article is
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811233
>

> For your clients to implement at WPA group policy they will need to have
the
> WPA updates and hardware that supports WPA as well.
>

> Specifically you will be able to create a GPO that does either TKIP or AES
> on your WPA policy. However wireless group policy does not support
WPA-PSK.

> --
> Joshua
> [MSFT]
rights.

> "Al Blake" <al@removethistext.blakes.net> wrote in message
> We are using PEAP-TLS to authenticate our WLAN clients. We setup the XP
SP2
> clients using a GPO using the new 'Wireless' seetings under security.
> It all works fine except it only seems possible to specify WEP as the
> encryption in the GPO.
> Is this correct?
> If I look on the XP SP2 client itself the network interface allows me to
> choose:
> Network auth: open/shared/wpa
>
> if I choose wpa I can then choose TKIP for the encryption.
> Now why arent those settings in the GPO?
> I thought the whole point was to be able to do this automatically. Why
> doesnt the new SP2 GPO support TKIP.
> Or ma I missing something?
> Regards
> Al Blake, Canberra, Australia

Can you not do WPA at all or can you just not do WPA with TKIP?

--
Joshua
[MSFT]