Problem of sound synchronization with Scenalyzer

Hi,

I have a big problem :
I captured a video (Sony DCR-TRV50, sound in 48 KHz) with Adobe Premiere 6.5
The video is correct.

After I used Scenalyzer 3.52 to cut this big video (11 Go) in some scenes.
But after the second clip, I saw that the sound is no more synchronized with
the video :-(

Do you have an idea of the problem ?

Thanks you in advance !!!!!

Thierry

"GhostFaZ" <ghostfaz@no-spam-altern.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a big problem :
> I captured a video (Sony DCR-TRV50, sound in 48 KHz) with Adobe Premiere
> 6.5
> The video is correct.
>
> After I used Scenalyzer 3.52 to cut this big video (11 Go) in some scenes.
> But after the second clip, I saw that the sound is no more synchronized
> with
> the video :-(
>
> Do you have an idea of the problem ?
>
> Thanks you in advance !!!!!
>
> Thierry

I thought Scenalyzer was at version 2.1. Where did you obtain
Scenalyzer 3.52?

I don't remember where ?!
But can you help me for my problem ??

"GhostFaZ" <ghostfaz@no-spam-altern.org> wrote in message news:<41590d01$0$8999$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be>...
> I don't remember where ?!
> But can you help me for my problem ??
>
> "iefisher" <iefisher@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "GhostFaZ" <ghostfaz@no-spam-altern.org> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a big problem :
> > > I captured a video (Sony DCR-TRV50, sound in 48 KHz) with Adobe Premiere
> > > 6.5
> > > The video is correct.
> > >
> > > After I used Scenalyzer 3.52 to cut this big video (11 Go) in some
> scenes.
> > > But after the second clip, I saw that the sound is no more synchronized
> > > with
> > > the video :-(
> > >
> > > Do you have an idea of the problem ?
> > >
> > > Thanks you in advance !!!!!
> > >
> > > Thierry

> > I thought Scenalyzer was at version 2.1. Where did you obtain
> > Scenalyzer 3.52?

I am not sure actually what you are trying to do, but most people use
Scenalizyer to capture their video, then use their editing program to
create the final project.

> I am not sure actually what you are trying to do, but most people use
> Scenalizyer to capture their video, then use their editing program to
> create the final project.

Hi Bill,

I captured the video with Premiere and I want to have several files (scenes)
instead of a big file.

Thierry

"GhostFaZ" <ghostfaz@no-spam-altern.org> wrote in message news:<415ab75f$0$22096$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be>...
> > I am not sure actually what you are trying to do, but most people use
> > Scenalizyer to capture their video, then use their editing program to
> > create the final project.
>
> Hi Bill,
>
> I captured the video with Premiere and I want to have several files (scenes)
> instead of a big file.
>
> Thierry

Scenalyzer can be set to capture a set amount of time, then it starts
a new file and continues the capture. I use that feature when
capturing TV shows. I set it for 1 hour, and start the capture. The
first file (1 hour long) contains the program I really wanted. I just
delete any other files that were captured and recover the hard drive
space. By the way, when Scenalyzer splits the file, it does it
seamlessly (you can splice both back together in any editing program
and there will be no missing frames).

I have never heard of Scenalyzer having audio sync problems, and I
have been using it for several years now. If you are having problems
with the audio, can't you just have Premiere create individual AVI
files that contain only the scenes that you want?

By the way, I have a program that I wrote that uses the keyboard
shortcut keys to monitor Scenalyzer and actually shuts the program
down after a given amount of time. This way, all disc activity stops
and my computer goes into hibernate mode, saving wear and tear (and
electricity) on the drives. I use this when I start a capture and am
going to be gone for the rest of the day.

Bill

eaglecrest@worldnet.att.net (Bill S.) wrote in

> "GhostFaZ" <ghostfaz@no-spam-altern.org> wrote in message
>> > I am not sure actually what you are trying to do, but most
>> > people use Scenalizyer to capture their video, then use their
>> > editing program to create the final project.
>>
>> Hi Bill,
>>
>> I captured the video with Premiere and I want to have several
>> files (scenes) instead of a big file.
>>
>> Thierry
>
> Scenalyzer can be set to capture a set amount of time, then it
> starts a new file and continues the capture. I use that feature
> when capturing TV shows. I set it for 1 hour, and start the
> capture. The first file (1 hour long) contains the program I
> really wanted. I just delete any other files that were captured
> and recover the hard drive space. By the way, when Scenalyzer
> splits the file, it does it seamlessly (you can splice both back
> together in any editing program and there will be no missing
> frames).
>
> I have never heard of Scenalyzer having audio sync problems, and I
> have been using it for several years now. If you are having
> problems with the audio, can't you just have Premiere create
> individual AVI files that contain only the scenes that you want?
>
> By the way, I have a program that I wrote that uses the keyboard
> shortcut keys to monitor Scenalyzer and actually shuts the program
> down after a given amount of time. This way, all disc activity
> stops and my computer goes into hibernate mode, saving wear and
> tear (and electricity) on the drives. I use this when I start a
> capture and am going to be gone for the rest of the day.
>
> Bill

In the ScenalyzerLive Options menu, under the "Stop Capturing" tab,
is this note: "You can set a time limit for the current capture
process in the menu 'Capture/set time limit' while the program is
capturing".

I'm not capturing at the moment, but I do see the "set time limit"
command (greyed out) in the Capture menu.

HTH,
Gino

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

>I have never heard of Scenalyzer having audio sync problems, and I
>have been using it for several years now. If you are having problems
>with the audio, can't you just have Premiere create individual AVI
>files that contain only the scenes that you want?

DV video should be in sync by design. However, there ARE broken
camcoders in the market (i.e. some older Cannon modells) which do not
record in sync.

The OP might want to give AVI_IO a shot although it would require W2k
or W98SE and although it does not offer near as much comfort with
regard to DV video as Scenealyzer does.

To try it out if it works or not the trial is sufficent. Hence there
is no risk in trying.

Being the author of AVI_IO I'm biased.

Markus

Hi,

I had no time to do other tests, but this week-end, I will try :
1. to capture my tape directly with Scenalyzer
2. try to extract only some scenes and check if the sound is synchronized or
not.

Bill told me to use Premiere to create the scenes but I think that premiere
is only able to capture in one file

My last possibility is to use the 11 Go file in Premiere to make the montage
(?)

Thanks

Thierry

Gino Wrote:
>In the ScenalyzerLive Options menu, under the "Stop Capturing" tab,
>is this note: "You can set a time limit for the current capture
>process in the menu 'Capture/set time limit' while the program
>is capturing". I'm not capturing at the moment, but I do see the
>"set time limit" command (greyed out) in the Capture menu.
>HTH, Gino

Gino,
I have tried using that function, but all too often it stops capturing
several minutes early. I think it runs off the counter on the preview
screen, rather than the amount of time that has actually been captured
to a file. In other words, if you want to capture 1 hour, and the
program has been running for 5 minutes before you start, then the
capture will only be 55 minutes long. I may be wrong on this point,
but I do know for sure that the times I used it, the last few minutes
of the program was almost always missing.

And for Thierry, isn't Premiere a video editing program? If that is
the case, then all you need to do is edit the file down to include
only the scenes(s) you want, then have Premiere create a new AVI file.

> "GhostFaZ" <ghostfaz@no-spam-altern.org> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I had no time to do other tests, but this week-end, I will try :
>> 1. to capture my tape directly with Scenalyzer
>> 2. try to extract only some scenes and check if the sound is
>> synchronized or not.
>>
>> Bill told me to use Premiere to create the scenes but I think
>> that premiere is only able to capture in one file
>>
>> My last possibility is to use the 11 Go file in Premiere to make
>> the montage Thanks
>> Thierry
>
> Gino Wrote:
>>In the ScenalyzerLive Options menu, under the "Stop Capturing"
>>tab, is this note: "You can set a time limit for the current
>>capture process in the menu 'Capture/set time limit' while the
>>program is capturing". I'm not capturing at the moment, but I do
>>see the "set time limit" command (greyed out) in the Capture menu.
>>HTH, Gino
>
> Gino,
> I have tried using that function, but all too often it stops
> capturing several minutes early. I think it runs off the counter
> on the preview screen, rather than the amount of time that has
> actually been captured to a file. In other words, if you want to
> capture 1 hour, and the program has been running for 5 minutes
> before you start, then the capture will only be 55 minutes long.
> I may be wrong on this point, but I do know for sure that the
> times I used it, the last few minutes of the program was almost
> always missing.
>
> And for Thierry, isn't Premiere a video editing program? If that
> is the case, then all you need to do is edit the file down to
> include only the scenes(s) you want, then have Premiere create a
> new AVI file.
>
> Bill

Thanks for the follow-up. As you can tell, I've never used the
feature. Too bad it doesn't really do the desired job.

I posted after my first post a remark about a brief experiment in
which I saw too much video, as though it added the time to my
starting time, rather than setting a total capture time. Of course,
this wasn't long enough to show the problem you noted above.

Guess I'll not bother with that technique myself :)

Gino