Nero problem: V V mpgs play perfectly on puter but have hi..

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,comp.publish.cdrom.software,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

This whole video editing and VCD stuff is very fun. I've been at in
for only 2 weeks and thanks for the great help from the group for the
few little hitches along the way that have been resolved thanks to the
help. But here's one that I don't know how to fix. I'm using Nero
Burning Rom v5.5 and V V4. The rendered MPGs play beautiful without a
hitch. Transitions and everything work smoothly.

But on the VCDs, with no rhyme or reason some of the transitions black
out for a second and the sound stops. It's only a momentary hiccup
and doesn't happen each time only randomly, but enough to spoil the
beauty of the finished movie. A case in point, I made a lovely
1-month anniversary conmemorative gift of the digicam pix I took at a
wedding a month ago where I was Maid of Honour. It was gorgeous but
the dicey transitions are enough to have spoiled it for me for them.

Does anyone know where the problem might lie and if I can fix it?

Again, as mentioned in another thread, I'm on Win98SE, PIII, 650 MHz,
128 SDRAM with a Toshiba CD burner using the above software.

Thanks much! We got the still images interval problem fixed, I
believe, by lengthening the display time as the mpg played fine but
the VCD got 2 seconds per image cut off. That one in theory was easy,
I just extended the default time by what I felt would equal a couple
of seconds. So if I can get this transitions thing fixed, I'll be
set! <g>

Cheers!

RSWilson wrote:
> This whole video editing and VCD stuff is very fun. I've been at in
> for only 2 weeks and thanks for the great help from the group for the
> few little hitches along the way that have been resolved thanks to the
> help. But here's one that I don't know how to fix. I'm using Nero
> Burning Rom v5.5 and V V4. The rendered MPGs play beautiful without a
> hitch. Transitions and everything work smoothly.

If the rendered MPEG plays fine, I'd suspect the VCD authoring stage.

Perhaps try another VCD program? I haven't done VCDs in a while (since
I went to DVD), but I've had excellent results with VCDEasy. I think
it may no longer be free, though.

-WD

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,comp.publish.cdrom.software,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:42:22 -0400, Will Dormann
<wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

>RSWilson wrote:
>> This whole video editing and VCD stuff is very fun. I've been at in
>> for only 2 weeks and thanks for the great help from the group for the
>> few little hitches along the way that have been resolved thanks to the
>> help. But here's one that I don't know how to fix. I'm using Nero
>> Burning Rom v5.5 and V V4. The rendered MPGs play beautiful without a
>> hitch. Transitions and everything work smoothly.
>
>If the rendered MPEG plays fine, I'd suspect the VCD authoring stage.

It's Nero Burning Rom. <sigh> But makes sense.

>Perhaps try another VCD program? I haven't done VCDs in a while (since
>I went to DVD), but I've had excellent results with VCDEasy. I think
>it may no longer be free, though.

I can try the trial, at any rate. Will give it a try.

Thanks.