I have an XPP machine that dials into my PDC. The PDC
assigns it an IP and then it can either use the router to
go to the Internet or use either of two servers. One
server for an application and one for email, the problem I
am having is with a setting on the modem. If I go into
the settings on the modem and go to TCP/IP, properties,
advanced, and check (use default gateway on remote
network) I can get to the Internet ONLY but if it is not
checked then I can get to both of the servers but NOT the
Internet.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or what I
should do to fix it?

Thank you,
Berta

You need to have a static route defined that would allow access to
your server when you use the default gateway on remote network. See
your network manager for more information on the applicable server
addresses you need to add.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Fri, 28 May 2004 12:08:32 -0700, "Berta"