Restart Host machine

May 28, 2004 5:36:07 PM

Hello;

Can I restart the host machine under remote desktop connection?

Thanks
kschae

More about : restart host machine

May 28, 2004 6:15:49 PM

Yes I have done it before. I do it from the command
line. In windows XP there is a command for
it "shutdown". It is important that you pass the restart
parameter "-r "or else the only way to restart the
machine is to manually press the power button for a hard
reboot. ( I have forgot the -r before, midnight ride to
work no fun.)

This should work C:\>shutdown -r

This will give you a list of other shutdown options
C:\>shutdown -?
Anonymous
May 28, 2004 8:09:25 PM

You can do a <Ctrl><Alt><End> and bring up the remote Task Manager. Then select the "Shutdown" menu
at the top of the Task Manager window and select the desired action. You can also use the "tsshutdn"
or "shutdown" commands from the command line. Open "Help and Support" and search on each for the
proper syntax.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

!