Restart Host machine

Hello;

Can I restart the host machine under remote desktop connection?

Thanks
kschae
2 answers Last reply
More about restart host machine

    Yes I have done it before. I do it from the command
    line. In windows XP there is a command for
    it "shutdown". It is important that you pass the restart
    parameter "-r "or else the only way to restart the
    machine is to manually press the power button for a hard
    reboot. ( I have forgot the -r before, midnight ride to
    work no fun.)

    This should work C:\>shutdown -r

    This will give you a list of other shutdown options
    C:\>shutdown -?

    You can do a <Ctrl><Alt><End> and bring up the remote Task Manager. Then select the "Shutdown" menu
    at the top of the Task Manager window and select the desired action. You can also use the "tsshutdn"
    or "shutdown" commands from the command line. Open "Help and Support" and search on each for the
    proper syntax.

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "kschae" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello;
    >
    > Can I restart the host machine under remote desktop connection?
    >
    > Thanks
    > kschae

Remote Desktop Connection Microsoft Windows XP