vob to mpeg?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 29, 2004 7:23:33 PM

Hi,..I have got vob files to pc using decrypter. How can I change to
mpeg to bring into studio 8, with sound working........or burn to dvd
so that I can make a simple compilation?
thanks..
Jm

More about : vob mpeg

Anonymous
September 29, 2004 7:23:34 PM

Rename the .vob to .mpg

--

Dave Jones
817-896-4277

<jodledums@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,..I have got vob files to pc using decrypter. How can I change to
> mpeg to bring into studio 8, with sound working........or burn to dvd
> so that I can make a simple compilation?
> thanks..
> Jm
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 8:02:21 PM

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:35:49 GMT, "The Videoguy"
<dj76116NOSPAM@swbell.net> wrote:

>Rename the .vob to .mpg

I renamed it...but it still shows up as type vob, ...and studio
doesn't recognise it......any suggestions?, and thanks for helping.
JM
September 29, 2004 8:02:22 PM

> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:35:49 GMT, "The Videoguy"
> <dj76116NOSPAM@swbell.net> wrote:
>
>>Rename the .vob to .mpg
>
> I renamed it...but it still shows up as type vob, ...and studio
> doesn't recognise it......any suggestions?, and thanks for helping.
> JM

Here is one way to solve the convert issue;

First use "DVDShrink" or other "Ripper" to make a decrypted "VIDEO_TS"
folder.

Then use TMPGEnc DVD Author's "Add DVD video" button to
"convert" the .vob files into a sequentially listed series of .mpg files. If
you had checked the "Reading chapter information" box then each chapter
would be a .mpg. Then you can do as you wish with the MPEGs.

Of course, if the DVD isn't encrypted you don't need to use a ripper.

Luck;
Ken
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 6:31:28 AM

You may have to do it in DOS. Had that problem a few times.

open a command prompt and go to the directory it's in and type Rename
filename.vob to filename.mpg
and it will work.
--

Dave Jones
817-896-4277
Independent Video Productions
www.vdoguy.com

<jodledums@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:35:49 GMT, "The Videoguy"
> <dj76116NOSPAM@swbell.net> wrote:
>
> >Rename the .vob to .mpg
>
> I renamed it...but it still shows up as type vob, ...and studio
> doesn't recognise it......any suggestions?, and thanks for helping.
> JM

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 1:02:57 PM

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:40:31 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
<kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

><jodledums@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:35:49 GMT, "The Videoguy"
>> <dj76116NOSPAM@swbell.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Rename the .vob to .mpg
>>
>> I renamed it...but it still shows up as type vob, ...and studio
>> doesn't recognise it......any suggestions?, and thanks for helping.
>> JM
>>

>Here is one way to solve the convert issue;
>
> First use "DVDShrink" or other "Ripper" to make a decrypted "VIDEO_TS"
>folder.
>
> Then use TMPGEnc DVD Author's "Add DVD video" button to
>"convert" the .vob files into a sequentially listed series of .mpg files. If
>you had checked the "Reading chapter information" box then each chapter
>would be a .mpg. Then you can do as you wish with the MPEGs.
>
>Of course, if the DVD isn't encrypted you don't need to use a ripper.
>
>Luck;
> Ken
>
>I got dvd author v 1.6,..but it doesn't recognise the vob files on my hdd,.....what am I doing wrong?
thanks...JM
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 3:06:02 PM

"The Videoguy" <dj76116NOSPAM@swbell.net> wrote in message news:<4eK6d.424$d_7.345@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>...
> You may have to do it in DOS. Had that problem a few times.
>
> open a command prompt and go to the directory it's in and type Rename
> filename.vob to filename.mpg
> and it will work.

It's been my experience, that this creates one helluva buggy .mpg

Ken's method sounds like it is probably the way to go, though i
haven't tried it yet.

STRATEGY

> --
>
> Dave Jones
> 817-896-4277
> Independent Video Productions
> www.vdoguy.com
>

> <jodledums@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:35:49 GMT, "The Videoguy"
> > <dj76116NOSPAM@swbell.net> wrote:
> >
> > >Rename the .vob to .mpg
> >
> > I renamed it...but it still shows up as type vob, ...and studio
> > doesn't recognise it......any suggestions?, and thanks for helping.
> > JM

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 6:00:34 PM

> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:40:31 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
> <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>I got dvd author v 1.6,..but it doesn't recognise the vob files on my
>>hdd,.....what am I doing wrong?
> thanks...JM

Are they in a folder named "VIDEO_TS" ? If not make
one and move them there. You also need the .ifo files
that go with the .vob files, at least the "VIDEO_TS.ifo"
and the .ifo file numbered the same as the .vob you want
to "convert".

If you used DVDShrink or some other ripper, these
files and some backup files should be in the folder your
DVD was ripped to. If you are just copying off an
unencrypted DVD, copy those .ifo files also.

Luck;
Ken
!