Pinnacle Studio, ULead Videostudio, or Adobe Premier Pro 1.5

I am going to be doing a lot of desktop video, basically inputting
video from a camcorder mostly to create DVD's. I am wondering which
program I should use, Pinnacle Studio 9, ULead Videostudio 8, or Adobe
Premiere Pro 1.5?
12 answers Last reply
More about pinnacle studio ulead videostudio adobe premier

    you should use Premiere 1.5. Most definately a lot better behaved than
    either of the other two programs you mentioned. I just finished a commercial
    in 1.5 and it was a breeze. I own Final Cut but never use it because it is
    so much slower than Premiere Pro.
    "MarkW" <markwco*remove to reply*@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I am going to be doing a lot of desktop video, basically inputting
    > video from a camcorder mostly to create DVD's. I am wondering which
    > program I should use, Pinnacle Studio 9, ULead Videostudio 8, or Adobe
    > Premiere Pro 1.5?

    I'd go with Premiere Pro.

    Premiere 5.x was a disaster and many people switched to ULead or Pinnacle or
    Avid Xpress because of it. Motivated to regain the throne, the Premiere design
    team did a complete rewrite of the program from the ground up and now people are
    flocking back to Premiere Pro in droves...

    ULead is decent but lacks the wealth of features found in PP......Pinnacle
    Studio is still too buggy.

    MarkW wrote:
    > I am going to be doing a lot of desktop video, basically inputting
    > video from a camcorder mostly to create DVD's. I am wondering which
    > program I should use, Pinnacle Studio 9, ULead Videostudio 8, or Adobe
    > Premiere Pro 1.5?

    Don't forget to check out Sony Vegas & DVD Architect as well.

    Mike

    Well lets see. I have had trouble with Ulead from 6 on up. Premiere
    Pro is expensive and a fair learning curve and is over kill for basic
    work. I have used Pinnacle Studio from the beginning and until
    version 9 you had to really be on your toes to keep it working right.
    The capturing has always been excellent and still is with version 9.
    The editing until version 9 has always been outstanding if you were
    able to solve the multiple problems. The burning part has always
    seemed to me to work well. In version 9 I have had no problems and
    have upgraded to Studio 9 Plus and hope to receive it soon. Looks
    good and the one item I like is picture in picture. I have even seen
    it recently on sale at Frys for a super low price. If you have a
    decent machine and a fairly clean software install you should find the
    installation trouble free. I am sure you will find people who bitch
    about Studio, but I think there is a 100 satisfied customer to each
    complainer.

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:38:57 GMT, MarkW <markwco*remove to
    reply*@comcast.net> wrote:

    >I am going to be doing a lot of desktop video, basically inputting
    >video from a camcorder mostly to create DVD's. I am wondering which
    >program I should use, Pinnacle Studio 9, ULead Videostudio 8, or Adobe
    >Premiere Pro 1.5?

    Donald

    I also like Pinnacle 9, and have just purchased it after trying out the
    trial version - a little bit of a learning curve, but overall not too
    bad. A very nice clean layout is what really appeals to me, as does the
    ability to go from go to whoa without buggerising around with half a
    dozen apps.

    BUT, the capture is NOT its strong point. I just did a test and Ulead,
    WinDv, DVIO, and WMM2 ALL produce captures superior in quality (as
    judged by the 'readability of text videoed) to Pinnacle - so I capture
    with WinDV and do all the rest with Pinnacle.

    David - who wonders if there is someway of getting Pinnacle to use a
    different CODEC (if that is the problem) for capturing

    Donald Link wrote:
    > work. I have used Pinnacle Studio from the beginning and until
    > The capturing has always been excellent and still is with version 9.

    I did just look at Sony Vegas 5. From what I'm continuing to read it
    seems Adobe Premiere is very advanced but also very powerful. Studio
    9 appears to be much better than earlier versions and more basic.
    From what I've read of Ulead I'm not that interested anymore. What I
    liked about Sony is it can take your files and convert them to
    RealVideo, Quicktime, and Windows Media. If I'm right Studio 9
    doesn't do this but does Adobe Premiere or Ulead do this?

    MarkW wrote:
    > I did just look at Sony Vegas 5. From what I'm continuing to read it
    > seems Adobe Premiere is very advanced but also very powerful. Studio
    > 9 appears to be much better than earlier versions and more basic.
    > From what I've read of Ulead I'm not that interested anymore. What I
    > liked about Sony is it can take your files and convert them to
    > RealVideo, Quicktime, and Windows Media. If I'm right Studio 9
    > doesn't do this but does Adobe Premiere or Ulead do this?

    Studio 8 Does this so I would say S9 would also be able to. If you go to
    'Make Movie' and 'Stream' you will see options there.

    > I have used Pinnacle Studio from the beginning and until
    >version 9 you had to really be on your toes to keep it working right.

    I have Studio 8 and the only problem I ever had with it was you couldn't use a
    jpg picture file as a frame background for titles and such. I find it works
    very similar to Windows Movie Maker.

    2-Ton Toni

    MarkW a écrit :
    > I am going to be doing a lot of desktop video, basically inputting
    > video from a camcorder mostly to create DVD's. I am wondering which
    > program I should use, Pinnacle Studio 9, ULead Videostudio 8, or Adobe
    > Premiere Pro 1.5?
    Don't forget Vegas 5.0, it's the best

    I just had a look at my Pinnacle 9 output - it does do Windows media,
    Realvideo, and lots of other options

    David - who suggests you have a look at the Pinnacle site

    --
    If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

    There is a lite version of Vegas called Vegas Movie Studio+DVD. It goes for
    only $99.00. Now uses the Sony DV codec and has inhouse DVD application called
    DVD Architect If you can get your hands on an older version of Screen Blast
    Movie Studio or Sonic Foundry Video Factory you can upgrade for only $29.99.

    http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/Products/showproduct.asp?PID=932&Fe
    atureID=7786

    Craig H.

    first thing, a coupla questions

    1. DV or analog?

    2. how much editing will you be doing?

    3. if you edit at all, are you going to go special effects crazy?

    I ask, because what I infer from the original post is a desire to
    simply capture the video to the PC and burn DVDs. While the debate can
    rage on over which software is best, most of those mentioned would be
    overkill for what I read as the original intent.

    If you are going to do some serious editing, I would suggest
    downloading demo versions to see which tool works best for you, which
    one thinks like you think.

    Years ago I checked out Media 100, the Video Cube, Avid etc... because
    of my time in TV news and actually shooting film, Avid made the most
    sense to me, it was familiar right off the bat. clips, bins, etc.

    For you it might be completely different. I have been curious about
    Vegas (I use Ulead MSP 6.5 at home and Avid XpressDV at work) but just
    read a hands on review in DV magazine, and have decided it's not for
    me.. only one sequence per project, heck that would never work for me.
    I build small sequences and then build my final program from there.
    And the unusal naming sitaution...as the writer said, "Vegas just
    happens to utilize a Starbucks approach of referring to commong things
    by unique names."

    <markwco*remove to reply*@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<smlll01vihrecte2omr9a6pnv3033c390g@4ax.com>...
    > I am going to be doing a lot of desktop video, basically inputting
    > video from a camcorder mostly to create DVD's. I am wondering which
    > program I should use, Pinnacle Studio 9, ULead Videostudio 8, or Adobe
    > Premiere Pro 1.5?

Tuner Cards Video Desktops Pinnacle Ulead Studio Graphics