With 2PC AND 2WiFi Cards Can I Set Up Network?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
October 11, 2004 2:59:04 PM

In Home i have 2 laptops.One with wifi card and another with centrino cpu.I
tried to set up a wifi network but we can't see its other,while on the other
hand we enter the same wifi connection and same workgroup but we can't see
the sheard files of the other pc.

thank you...
Anonymous
October 13, 2004 8:38:56 PM

Hi,

It sounds to me like you are trying to set up an Ad-Hoc network between
two laptops.
Here is a web page that might help:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/m...

Click on the 'A Wireless Network Without Using a Wireless Access Point"
link.

If you are having problems sharing files over a wireless network, check
out this page:
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

Thanks,
Chris Gual [MSFT]