With 2PC AND 2WiFi Cards Can I Set Up Network?

In Home i have 2 laptops.One with wifi card and another with centrino cpu.I
tried to set up a wifi network but we can't see its other,while on the other
hand we enter the same wifi connection and same workgroup but we can't see
the sheard files of the other pc.

thank you...
1 answer Last reply
More about with 2wifi cards network

    Hi,

    It sounds to me like you are trying to set up an Ad-Hoc network between
    two laptops.
    Here is a web page that might help:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/wifisoho.mspx#ECAA

    Click on the 'A Wireless Network Without Using a Wireless Access Point"
    link.

    If you are having problems sharing files over a wireless network, check
    out this page:
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    Thanks,
    Chris Gual [MSFT]

    "sokram" <sokram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > In Home i have 2 laptops.One with wifi card and another with centrino
    > cpu.I
    > tried to set up a wifi network but we can't see its other,while on the
    > other
    > hand we enter the same wifi connection and same workgroup but we can't see
    > the sheard files of the other pc.
    >
    > thank you...

WiFi and Home Networking Networking Microsoft Wireless Networking