Windows XP Home Edition & Remote Web Work Place

May 30, 2004 1:55:50 PM

I am having difficulty logging onto to my computer via
the Remote Web Workplace. Eachtime I try to log on I get
the following message:-

1. Remote connection might not be enabled at the remote
computer

2. The maximum number of connections might be exceeded
at the remote computer

3. A network error might have occurred whilst
establishing connection

4. The remote web workplace designated port might be
blocked by a firewall

I have logged on using Windows 98 and AOL Broadband on a
friends computer. But with my computer Windows XP Home
Edition and NTL Broadbank it does not seem to like it. I
have checked with the IT person at work and all the
relevant ports have been opened, I even swith off my
firewall and I encounter the same problem. Can anyone
help me with this?
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 9:21:17 PM

Can you diagram what you are trying to do a bit more clearly?

What site are you trying to log on to?

Presumably, that site is properly configured, because you state that you
have successfully connected to it from a Win98/AOL machine--correct?

So now, you are trying to connect to this same site (at work??) using XP
Home and NTL broadband, correct?

"sweetmusic" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having difficulty logging onto to my computer via
> the Remote Web Workplace. Eachtime I try to log on I get
> the following message:-
>
> 1. Remote connection might not be enabled at the remote
> computer
>
> 2. The maximum number of connections might be exceeded
> at the remote computer
>
> 3. A network error might have occurred whilst
> establishing connection
>
> 4. The remote web workplace designated port might be
> blocked by a firewall
>
> I have logged on using Windows 98 and AOL Broadband on a
> friends computer. But with my computer Windows XP Home
> Edition and NTL Broadbank it does not seem to like it. I
> have checked with the IT person at work and all the
> relevant ports have been opened, I even swith off my
> firewall and I encounter the same problem. Can anyone
> help me with this?
Anonymous
May 31, 2004 4:51:02 AM

I am working from home and trying to log onto my computer
at work by Remote Web Workplace.The Server at work is
Windows Small Business Server 2003.

I can log on using Windows 98/AOL Broadband from my
friends house. But I when I try from my computer at home
I get the error messages I previously stated. I am using
Windows XP Home Edition and NTL Broadband. I have
contacted NTL and they have assured its nothing at their
end.

Just one other thing I have tried using AOL Dial up from
me computer at home and I still have the same problem.

May 31, 2004 4:40:48 PM

Are you certain that you took the identical steps, both at home, and at the
friends house?

You connected to the web site, and get back a box with an address slot
(nuts--it has been too long since I did this!)

Put NOTHING in that address slot--just hit enter.

You should then get a login prompt from the host system.

(I hope that you have a very good reason for using the web version of Remote
desktop, rather than the much simpler and easier to keep secure, Remote
Desktop Connection executable version)

>I am working from home and trying to log onto my computer
> at work by Remote Web Workplace.The Server at work is
> Windows Small Business Server 2003.
>
> I can log on using Windows 98/AOL Broadband from my
> friends house. But I when I try from my computer at home
> I get the error messages I previously stated. I am using
> Windows XP Home Edition and NTL Broadband. I have
> contacted NTL and they have assured its nothing at their
> end.
>
> Just one other thing I have tried using AOL Dial up from
> me computer at home and I still have the same problem.

Anonymous
June 4, 2004 5:01:07 PM

I do not access rights to log on via Remote Desktop Connection. I can log on and I can see my computer listed but each time I try to access it I get the error messages I listed previously. All the relevant ports are open on the server, so it must have something to do with the configuration of my computer but I'm not sure what settings to change
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 12:32:46 PM

Can you test using the Remote Desktop Connection executable?

Perhaps from another machine on the same network as the target host machine?

I'm confused about your statements here:

Previously, you said you were trying to connect using Remote Desktop Web
Connection. Now you are saying that you can log on, and that you can "see
your computer listed."

Can you give more detail about how you are trying to connect, when the logon
prompt occurs, and how it is that you are seeing your computer "listed?"

!