  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 3:23:59 AM

.....but plays fine on the computer.

I burned the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories to the root of DVD.
When I insert the DVD into my laptop the main menu comes up. But in my
DVD player it causes the player to turn off & on and nothing happens.
I let my friend try it on his DVD player and no go either.

Can someone tell me why this is happenning and how I can fix it?

Thanks.

More about : burned dvd play player

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 5:45:31 AM

Did you use a DVD-R or a DVD+R ? It makes a difference in some DVD players.
The most compatible is the DVD-R. I had a similar problem with a DVD+R,
burned with Vegas DVD Architect 2.0. It would play fine in any of my
computers and fine on my home DVD player, but would not play on the office's
older DVD player. Switching to a DVD-R solved the problem on the older DVD
player. Just a thought.

rqo

"Zaman" <hu.man@excite.com> wrote in message
> ....but plays fine on the computer.
>
> I burned the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories to the root of DVD.
> When I insert the DVD into my laptop the main menu comes up. But in my
> DVD player it causes the player to turn off & on and nothing happens.
> I let my friend try it on his DVD player and no go either.
>
> Can someone tell me why this is happenning and how I can fix it?
>
> Thanks.
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 2:28:45 PM

I used a DVD+R. Before I got my external burner, I had another friend
burn a DVD+R for me and it worked fine on my DVD player. One thing
though, I am using a USB 1.1 connection and have ordered a 2.0
buscard. Maybe the combination of slow transfer rate and the +R is
creating a not very good quality DVD. I don't have enough experience
to know the answer here.

I am using DVD Complete software to create the DVD. Curiously, the
software doesn't even see my external drive. So I had to create an DVD
image on the hard drive and use the RecordNow disk burner to mannually
copy the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories to the root of the DVD.

I think once I plug my cardbus, DVD Complete will see my external
drive and then I will let the software itself do the burning for me.
Any insight you can give is appreciated.

Thanks.
Zaman

"rqo" <safetyo@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<zWN6d.3232$yp.557@bignews1.bellsouth.net>...
> Did you use a DVD-R or a DVD+R ? It makes a difference in some DVD players.
> The most compatible is the DVD-R. I had a similar problem with a DVD+R,
> burned with Vegas DVD Architect 2.0. It would play fine in any of my
> computers and fine on my home DVD player, but would not play on the office's
> older DVD player. Switching to a DVD-R solved the problem on the older DVD
> player. Just a thought.
>
> rqo
>

> "Zaman" <hu.man@excite.com> wrote in message
> > ....but plays fine on the computer.
> >
> > I burned the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories to the root of DVD.
> > When I insert the DVD into my laptop the main menu comes up. But in my
> > DVD player it causes the player to turn off & on and nothing happens.
> > I let my friend try it on his DVD player and no go either.
> >
> > Can someone tell me why this is happenning and how I can fix it?
> >
> > Thanks.
Related resources
September 30, 2004 9:26:07 PM

"Zaman" <hu.man@excite.com> wrote in message
> ....but plays fine on the computer.
>
> I burned the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories to the root of DVD.
> When I insert the DVD into my laptop the main menu comes up. But in my
> DVD player it causes the player to turn off & on and nothing happens.
> I let my friend try it on his DVD player and no go either.
>
> Can someone tell me why this is happenning and how I can fix it?
>
> Thanks.

Zaman,

If you can't get the disc to play in any dvd player then something went
wrong during the authoring or burning process.
It could have been a bad blank, or anything like that. If so, try again but
if you can get it to play on a newer machine just not yours and your friends
machines, maybe they are both older models that weren't designed to read
recordable disc's.

In that case save yourself the trouble of looking for what type or brand
media might work and invest $38 in a new dvd player that will read all
disc's.

Also check out www.dvdrhelp.com for more info

Thanks,
AnthonyR
October 2, 2004 6:16:54 PM

Zanman,
That sounds like a good plan. Let the authoring software burn the disc
directly.
Also it is just as easy to replace your current cd-rom drive with an
internal dvd-burner
as it is to add a usb 2 bus, and internal burners are so cheap now as little
as $67 for an 8x:
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?descripti...

and even cheaper for used 4x on ebay or remove your external from it's case.
Just some suggestions for you to try and help. Good Luck, keep us posted. :)

AnthonyR