Burned DVD does not play in player...

.....but plays fine on the computer.

I burned the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories to the root of DVD.
When I insert the DVD into my laptop the main menu comes up. But in my
DVD player it causes the player to turn off & on and nothing happens.
I let my friend try it on his DVD player and no go either.

Can someone tell me why this is happenning and how I can fix it?

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about burned play player

    Did you use a DVD-R or a DVD+R ? It makes a difference in some DVD players.
    The most compatible is the DVD-R. I had a similar problem with a DVD+R,
    burned with Vegas DVD Architect 2.0. It would play fine in any of my
    computers and fine on my home DVD player, but would not play on the office's
    older DVD player. Switching to a DVD-R solved the problem on the older DVD
    player. Just a thought.

    rqo

    "Zaman" <hu.man@excite.com> wrote in message
    > ....but plays fine on the computer.
    >
    > I burned the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories to the root of DVD.
    > When I insert the DVD into my laptop the main menu comes up. But in my
    > DVD player it causes the player to turn off & on and nothing happens.
    > I let my friend try it on his DVD player and no go either.
    >
    > Can someone tell me why this is happenning and how I can fix it?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I used a DVD+R. Before I got my external burner, I had another friend
    burn a DVD+R for me and it worked fine on my DVD player. One thing
    though, I am using a USB 1.1 connection and have ordered a 2.0
    buscard. Maybe the combination of slow transfer rate and the +R is
    creating a not very good quality DVD. I don't have enough experience
    to know the answer here.

    I am using DVD Complete software to create the DVD. Curiously, the
    software doesn't even see my external drive. So I had to create an DVD
    image on the hard drive and use the RecordNow disk burner to mannually
    copy the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories to the root of the DVD.

    I think once I plug my cardbus, DVD Complete will see my external
    drive and then I will let the software itself do the burning for me.
    Any insight you can give is appreciated.

    Thanks.
    Zaman

    "rqo" <safetyo@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<zWN6d.3232$yp.557@bignews1.bellsouth.net>...
    > Did you use a DVD-R or a DVD+R ? It makes a difference in some DVD players.
    > The most compatible is the DVD-R. I had a similar problem with a DVD+R,
    > burned with Vegas DVD Architect 2.0. It would play fine in any of my
    > computers and fine on my home DVD player, but would not play on the office's
    > older DVD player. Switching to a DVD-R solved the problem on the older DVD
    > player. Just a thought.
    >
    > rqo
    >

    > "Zaman" <hu.man@excite.com> wrote in message
    > > ....but plays fine on the computer.
    > >
    > > I burned the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories to the root of DVD.
    > > When I insert the DVD into my laptop the main menu comes up. But in my
    > > DVD player it causes the player to turn off & on and nothing happens.
    > > I let my friend try it on his DVD player and no go either.
    > >
    > > Can someone tell me why this is happenning and how I can fix it?
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    "Zaman" <hu.man@excite.com> wrote in message
    > ....but plays fine on the computer.
    >
    > I burned the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories to the root of DVD.
    > When I insert the DVD into my laptop the main menu comes up. But in my
    > DVD player it causes the player to turn off & on and nothing happens.
    > I let my friend try it on his DVD player and no go either.
    >
    > Can someone tell me why this is happenning and how I can fix it?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Zaman,

    If you can't get the disc to play in any dvd player then something went
    wrong during the authoring or burning process.
    It could have been a bad blank, or anything like that. If so, try again but
    if you can get it to play on a newer machine just not yours and your friends
    machines, maybe they are both older models that weren't designed to read
    recordable disc's.

    In that case save yourself the trouble of looking for what type or brand
    media might work and invest $38 in a new dvd player that will read all
    disc's.

    Also check out www.dvdrhelp.com for more info

    Thanks,
    AnthonyR

    Zanman,
    That sounds like a good plan. Let the authoring software burn the disc
    directly.
    Also it is just as easy to replace your current cd-rom drive with an
    internal dvd-burner
    as it is to add a usb 2 bus, and internal burners are so cheap now as little
    as $67 for an 8x:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=27-152-023&DEPA=1

    and even cheaper for used 4x on ebay or remove your external from it's case.
    Just some suggestions for you to try and help. Good Luck, keep us posted. :)

    AnthonyR

    >I used a DVD+R. Before I got my external burner, I had another friend
    > burn a DVD+R for me and it worked fine on my DVD player. One thing
    > though, I am using a USB 1.1 connection and have ordered a 2.0
    > buscard. Maybe the combination of slow transfer rate and the +R is
    > creating a not very good quality DVD. I don't have enough experience
    > to know the answer here.
    >
    > I am using DVD Complete software to create the DVD. Curiously, the
    > software doesn't even see my external drive. So I had to create an DVD
    > image on the hard drive and use the RecordNow disk burner to mannually
    > copy the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories to the root of the DVD.
    >
    > I think once I plug my cardbus, DVD Complete will see my external
    > drive and then I will let the software itself do the burning for me.
    > Any insight you can give is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Zaman
    >

    > "rqo" <safetyo@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >> Did you use a DVD-R or a DVD+R ? It makes a difference in some DVD
    >> players.
    >> The most compatible is the DVD-R. I had a similar problem with a DVD+R,
    >> burned with Vegas DVD Architect 2.0. It would play fine in any of my
    >> computers and fine on my home DVD player, but would not play on the
    >> office's
    >> older DVD player. Switching to a DVD-R solved the problem on the older
    >> DVD
    >> player. Just a thought.
    >>
    >> rqo
    >>

    >> "Zaman" <hu.man@excite.com> wrote in message
    >> > ....but plays fine on the computer.
    >> >
    >> > I burned the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories to the root of DVD.
    >> > When I insert the DVD into my laptop the main menu comes up. But in my
    >> > DVD player it causes the player to turn off & on and nothing happens.
    >> > I let my friend try it on his DVD player and no go either.
    >> >
    >> > Can someone tell me why this is happenning and how I can fix it?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks.

Tuner Cards DVD DVD Players Video Graphics