Winxp behind router

How can I work remotely with a winxp which is behind the Router??
I think remote dektop dosn't work in that case,right???

You need to open TCP Port 3389 on the router. Call, from the remote PC, using the public IP of the
router...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Reza Alirezaei" <annonymous@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I work remotely with a winxp which is behind the Router??
> I think remote dektop dosn't work in that case,right???

---

I don't know how to open that port in my router and how to figure out the
public IP of the router??

What manufacturer and model router do you have?

To get the public IP of your router go to...

http://checkip.dyndns.org/

....or...

http://www.whatismyip.com/

--

>I don't know how to open that port in my router and how to figure out the
> public IP of the router??

---