Connecting to multiple netwroked PCs

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi

We have multiple win xp pro PCs on a LAN connected to an ADSL router which
acts as both a hub and an ADSL modem/router. A fixed ip address (provided by
isp) is assigned to the router. Can I connect remotely to each of the xp pro
pcs using the single fixed ip address over a vpn? How does it work?

Thanks

Regards

See if this helps:

http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC_RD.html

John wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have multiple win xp pro PCs on a LAN connected to an ADSL router
> which acts as both a hub and an ADSL modem/router. A fixed ip address
> (provided by isp) is assigned to the router. Can I connect remotely
> to each of the xp pro pcs using the single fixed ip address over a
> vpn? How does it work?
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards

If you have more machines than easily fit the model Al has published, the
other way at this is to enable a VPN connection through the router to a
specific machine.

Once connected, you should then be able to use Remote Desktop to other
machines, assuming that the VPN has been set up to put you on the subnet of
the office machines.

This would allow a single session at any moment in time, but that session
could reach any of the machines.

Al's method allows for multiple inbound sessions, each reaching a single
machine.