Looking for an audio editing software

Another newbie question. I need an audio editing software so I can import
audio into my Liquid Edition. What I am trying to do for example is to take
an music CD that I want to record onto my computer as a wav file and then
use it in one of my videos. Any recommendations?

In news:Kenneth Maultsby <kmaultsby@verizon.net> typed:
> Another newbie question. I need an audio editing software so I can
> import audio into my Liquid Edition. What I am trying to do for
> example is to take an music CD that I want to record onto my computer
> as a wav file and then use it in one of my videos. Any
> recommendations?

CD ripper (free):
http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

Editor (free):
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

--
Odysea video production
Come dive with us!

"Kenneth Maultsby" <kmaultsby@verizon.net> wrote in

> Another newbie question. I need an audio editing software so I can
> import audio into my Liquid Edition. What I am trying to do for
> example is to take an music CD that I want to record onto my computer
> as a wav file and then use it in one of my videos. Any
> recommendations?

Don't forget that audio CD's have a sampling rate of 44.1k and DVD's
require 48k. You'll need to resample your sound files to 48k. Some
software may do this automagically. If you end up with 'chipmunk rock'
on the playback, the sampling rate is probably to blame.

--
Tim.

"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither
liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin