Help with Canopus ADVC

Just got my ADVC 300 and tried it out. The quality of the digital
video is significantly less than the original Hi8 analog.

Im using Nero Express 2 to capture the video through a firewire card.
Ive used the same card and computer for capturing direct from by DV
camcorder without any problem.

The one thing I notice when I use the ADVC 300 is that when Im in the
preview mode in Nero (without capturing) the preview is very clear.
As soon as I hit the capture button, the preview immediately degrades
in quality. When I use the Canopus software, the preview quality is
fine but it doesnt have a capture feature.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

More about help canopus advc

    On 1 Oct 2004 14:06:19 -0700, Majicrat@yahoo.com (J) wrote:

    >The one thing I notice when I use the ADVC 300 is that when Im in the
    >preview mode in Nero (without capturing) the preview is very clear.
    >As soon as I hit the capture button, the preview immediately degrades
    >in quality. When I use the Canopus software, the preview quality is
    >fine but it doesnt have a capture feature.

    Try other DV capture software.
    WinDV is free.
    http://windv.mourek.cz/
    Scenalyzer Live is very popular.