Remote desktop causes restart

June 1, 2004 3:45:15 PM

Every time i attempt to remote desktop to system A from
System B. System A restarts and system B never connects.
Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue.

Rafael

More about : remote desktop restart

June 1, 2004 5:56:10 PM

Something similar happens to me, but the screen of the server goes black and the client eventually times out. There seems to be some hard disk activity but keyboard doesn't respond. I have to do a reset manually.

The same also happens with Virtual PC 2004. Whenever I start a virtual machine it goes black (or sometimes reboots).

Both were working fine before (suddenly started). I tried reinstalling XP SP1a but no change.

Any ideas?
Anonymous
June 2, 2004 9:14:42 PM

This may be off the wall--but do you have an Nvidia Video card/driver?

If so, see Bob Owens' reply to the Remote Desktop Setup thread near this
one.

"Oliver" <oliver@jonas.com> wrote in message
> Something similar happens to me, but the screen of the server goes black
> and the client eventually times out. There seems to be some hard disk
> activity but keyboard doesn't respond. I have to do a reset manually.
>
> The same also happens with Virtual PC 2004. Whenever I start a virtual
> machine it goes black (or sometimes reboots).
>
> Both were working fine before (suddenly started). I tried reinstalling XP
> SP1a but no change.
>
> Any ideas?
Related resources
October 9, 2008 7:25:12 AM

I had this effect the last week, there was some Trojan Horse active and the AV-Program could not remove it entirely, so there was a service named "Psyche" installed, doing an sc stop Psyche, sc delete Psyche, then rebooting the machine solved the problem.
April 1, 2010 7:50:26 PM

We had the same problem and it ended up being an Nvidia driver causing the problem. Upgrading the video driver removed the issue.
!