Remote desktop gets winlogon.exe failure

When I attempt to remote desktop into two of my laptops
running Windows XP professional at work, I get the
following after it appears that the session has been
established (the background has been displayed):

User Interface Failure: winlogon.exe -
Application Error

The instruction at "0x1003a780" refrenced memory
at "0x1003a780". The memory could not be "read".

This error appears to be coming from the remote computer
as when I minimize the RD session, that error dialog
minimizes with it. Both computers are up to date with
all the latest windowsupdates (the two laptops and the
machine attempting the RD). I haven't been able to
successfully RD into either of these machines from any
machine.

I can remote desktop into other computers at work.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

From a prior MS posting:
Try using System File Checked (SFC) to scan for corrupted files:

- open a Command Prompt window (go to Start\Run and enter "cmd")
- enter "sfc /?" for help

------
The best command is "sfc /scannow". Have your Windows CD handy...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com