Main Concept reducing frame size in half

When I use Main Concept to encode an MPEG1 from an AVI, the result is
the same video, but the frame is reduced by what looks to be about
50%, and it is placed within a huge black border.

In otherwords, my input AVI is 352x240, and my resulting MPG is
352x240. However, the actual video content in the MPG is much
smaller. The only reason it is still 352x240 is that the rest outer
portion is filled in with black.

This also shows in my Monitor windows in Premiere - the Soource shows
full-size, and the Output shows small size with black around it.

KY

Not sure if I understand your problem or is there a question.