More than one client??

Glen

OK... On Windows XP I am able to setup a VPN Host to receice client connections. I noticed that there can only one connection at a time. Is there a way to change the program to accept multiple connections at the same time, instead of just one vpn client there can be 5 or more at the same time. Without buying new software. (Server 2003)?????

Is there free software (or shareware) out there that allow multiple VPN clients to connect that I could use or download off the internet?

No, On XP machine for incoming connection we support just once connection
per media type (ie dial-up, VPN and DCC) simultaneously.

--
-Pawan [MSFT]

rights."
"Glen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK... On Windows XP I am able to setup a VPN Host to receice client
connections. I noticed that there can only one connection at a time. Is
there a way to change the program to accept multiple connections at the same
time, instead of just one vpn client there can be 5 or more at the same
time. Without buying new software. (Server 2003)?????

> Is there free software (or shareware) out there that allow multiple VPN
clients to connect that I could use or download off the internet?

Sorry if this isn't kosher to mention in an MS newsgroup, but I have had
good results with a 3rd party application called WinConnect Server XP for
allowing multiple Remote Desktop connections. It's a drain on resources, and
it's not free, but they do have a trial. You can read more here:

http://www.thinsoftinc.com/products_winconserver_info.html

Hope that helps - and my apologies if it's sacreligious to bring it up here.

Maggie

"Glen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK... On Windows XP I am able to setup a VPN Host to receice client
connections. I noticed that there can only one connection at a time. Is
there a way to change the program to accept multiple connections at the same
time, instead of just one vpn client there can be 5 or more at the same
time. Without buying new software. (Server 2003)?????

> Is there free software (or shareware) out there that allow multiple VPN
clients to connect that I could use or download off the internet?

Doesn't solve the VPN problem though...

On the VPN issue, it would probably be cheaper and more effective to
purchase a VPN router (Linksys and Netgear both have one). This is
seperate from Windows.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com