More than one client??

OK... On Windows XP I am able to setup a VPN Host to receice client connections. I noticed that there can only one connection at a time. Is there a way to change the program to accept multiple connections at the same time, instead of just one vpn client there can be 5 or more at the same time. Without buying new software. (Server 2003)?????

Is there free software (or shareware) out there that allow multiple VPN clients to connect that I could use or download off the internet?
3 answers Last reply
More about more client

    No, On XP machine for incoming connection we support just once connection
    per media type (ie dial-up, VPN and DCC) simultaneously.

    --
    -Pawan [MSFT]

    rights."
    "Glen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > OK... On Windows XP I am able to setup a VPN Host to receice client
    connections. I noticed that there can only one connection at a time. Is
    there a way to change the program to accept multiple connections at the same
    time, instead of just one vpn client there can be 5 or more at the same
    time. Without buying new software. (Server 2003)?????

    > Is there free software (or shareware) out there that allow multiple VPN
    clients to connect that I could use or download off the internet?

    Sorry if this isn't kosher to mention in an MS newsgroup, but I have had
    good results with a 3rd party application called WinConnect Server XP for
    allowing multiple Remote Desktop connections. It's a drain on resources, and
    it's not free, but they do have a trial. You can read more here:

    http://www.thinsoftinc.com/products_winconserver_info.html

    Hope that helps - and my apologies if it's sacreligious to bring it up here.

    Maggie

    "Glen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > OK... On Windows XP I am able to setup a VPN Host to receice client
    connections. I noticed that there can only one connection at a time. Is
    there a way to change the program to accept multiple connections at the same
    time, instead of just one vpn client there can be 5 or more at the same
    time. Without buying new software. (Server 2003)?????

    > Is there free software (or shareware) out there that allow multiple VPN
    clients to connect that I could use or download off the internet?

    Doesn't solve the VPN problem though...

    On the VPN issue, it would probably be cheaper and more effective to
    purchase a VPN router (Linksys and Netgear both have one). This is
    seperate from Windows.

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:09:47 GMT, "MagGyver"
    <mhoutzREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Sorry if this isn't kosher to mention in an MS newsgroup, but I have had
    >good results with a 3rd party application called WinConnect Server XP for
    >allowing multiple Remote Desktop connections. It's a drain on resources, and
    >it's not free, but they do have a trial. You can read more here:
    >
    >http://www.thinsoftinc.com/products_winconserver_info.html
    >
    >Hope that helps - and my apologies if it's sacreligious to bring it up here.
    >
    >Maggie
    >
    >"Glen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> OK... On Windows XP I am able to setup a VPN Host to receice client
    >connections. I noticed that there can only one connection at a time. Is
    >there a way to change the program to accept multiple connections at the same
    >time, instead of just one vpn client there can be 5 or more at the same
    >time. Without buying new software. (Server 2003)?????
    >>

    >> Is there free software (or shareware) out there that allow multiple VPN
    >clients to connect that I could use or download off the internet?

Connection vpn Windows XP