Pocket PC 2002/2003 will not connect to SBS 2003 network s..

May 21, 2004 9:50:54 PM

Hello,

I have searched all over and have seen others with a somewhat similar
problem but I have not seen a solution to my own particular one. So any help
would be appreciated, it is driving me nuts!

I have a network with SBS 2003 as the server with XP clients. I have been
trying to get the Pocket PCs (2002 & 2003) to be able to connect to the
network shares on the SBS server but cannot get them to see or connect to
them. All of the XP clients can connect to any of the server's shares
without any issues. One thing I can do with the Pocket PCs is connect to the
SBS server (i.e. \\servername) but any shares on the server do not show up
on the Pocket PCs nor can I connect to them directly (i.e.
\\servername\share1). If I do try to connect to a share on the server
directly, it just repeatedly asks me to authenticate with the
login/passwd/domain screen on the Pocket PCs, and then connecting to
\\servername also fails too afterwards, with the same repetition of trying
to authenticate. I then need to do a soft reset of the Pocket PCs to get
back to at least getting access to \\servername.

Troubleshooting so far:
1) I verified NetBIOS is running (over IP)
2) I can ping the server by IP and name (as well as any clients)
3) I have been able to get the Pocket PCs to connect to any of the XP
client's network shares without a problem.
4) I have changed permissions for a share on the server to open it up to the
"world" and still cannot connect nor "see" it.
5) I verified in the server security audit that I am indeed logging into the
server when connecting to \\servername
6) WINS is running on the server and is working
7) I have tried domain/user as the login name, no difference
8) I have tried logging in from the Pocket PC with a domain admin account,
still did not work.

So, anyone know how to make this work? This worked before with a Win 2K
domain server before the SBS 2003 server took its place. I'm stumped!

Thanks!
Anonymous
May 22, 2004 2:07:25 AM

What file explorer are you using?

If you are not using Resco File Explorer try it.

Frank J. Garcia (Ctitanic)
www.pc-counselor.com
Home of Tweaks2k2
(From my h2215)

[...]

May 22, 2004 2:07:26 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, but been there, tried that too, no joy!

"Ctitanic - from a h2215" <ctitanicNOSPAM@pc-counselor.8m.com> wrote in
message news:1085206045@ctitanicNOSPAM.pc-counselor.8m.com...

!