Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am trying to connect to remote desktop but getting error like
1) Remote connections might not be enabled at the remote computer
2) Maximum number of connection was exceeded at the remote computer
3) A network error occured while establishing the connection

I have enable the remote assistance and remote desktop. I have dlink 624+AP with router at remote site and have only one static IP. The router is enabled for NAT to use internet on 3 computers. I am trying to connect only one computer among three, so which IP do I have to use? Static IP...right.

Please advice. Thank you.

Call using the public IP of the router, ie. the IP assigned by your ISP. Make sure TCP Port 3389 is
forwarded to the private LAN IP of the PC your trying to connect to behind the router. Its a good
idea to use a static LAN IP for the PC your trying to connect to since its possible a DHCP assigned
IP might change if you reboot/restart the PC...

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/network_protocols.htm#tcp

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Roger" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to connect to remote desktop but getting error like
> 1) Remote connections might not be enabled at the remote computer
> 2) Maximum number of connection was exceeded at the remote computer
> 3) A network error occured while establishing the connection
>
> I have enable the remote assistance and remote desktop. I have dlink 624+AP with router at remote
> site and have only one static IP. The router is enabled for NAT to use internet on 3 computers. I
> am trying to connect only one computer among three, so which IP do I have to use? Static
> IP...right.
>
> Please advice. Thank you.

---