Sign in with
Your question
Closed

What are the best online places to learn foreign language?

Last response: in Work & Education
June 20, 2010 9:14:01 PM

as in the subject... i'm active learner when it comes to languages and im always interested in web sites that provides interesting features! :)  any recommendations?

Best solution

June 21, 2010 3:25:14 AM

If you feel like spending some cash on a specific language, I recommend rosettastone. I got a hold of it through a friend awhile back and it seems to be pretty accurate, i.e. I ran through the English lessons and everything checked out, as well as the Russian lessons. I couldn't tell you how any other languages check out, as those are the only 2 I know fluently (English first, Russian second). All in all though, if you really want to learn a new language, it's worth a definite look.

http://www.rosettastone.com/
June 21, 2010 10:01:38 AM

Hello Buwish!
thank you for answer... i use rosetta and I need to say that one great thing about it is the fact that most (if not all) images are the same or all the languages so I've been swithing from Italian to Chinese and I still knew what is going on :)  Practises with use of microphone are great!

btw. Russian is hard, isn't it? I know Polish & understand most of ru, but can't really speak it.
Score
Related resources
June 21, 2010 4:30:03 PM

I stumbled across this a while ago, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. You may find it useful. I'm studying abroad and trying to learn from practice, not the internet right now! :) 

http://www.mylanguageexchange.com/
Score
June 21, 2010 11:00:47 PM

At first it was, i.e. learning a whole new alphabet, but after I got the hang of it and just kept on practicing, it came pretty easy. It's hard to learn to actually speak a language without practicing with someone else who knows it, but I solved that with a few trips to Russia, professors, etc...
Score
June 22, 2010 9:58:41 AM

Hello Buwish! It's very important to learn new alphabet... pretty often people simply forget about it which is quite crucial mistake. It is good to get familiar with sounds specific for certain language BEFORE we start to speak them - thanks to that we don't create bad habits of saying things in wrong way... i'm still looking for good resources - will share once i find something worth attention!
Score
June 22, 2010 6:37:48 PM

I am a native Russian speaker, with a lot of friends wanting to learn Russian. One of my friends has RosettaStone. He gave it to me for a quick examination. I can tell you that it is pretty accurate on most things. There are some very small quirks, but those can be ignored.
Score
June 22, 2010 6:39:05 PM

Sorry for the double post.

Buwish: Zdraztvuite! Kak dela? Vse horosho? Kak vash Russki?
Score
June 22, 2010 10:11:43 PM

HansVonOhain said:
I am a native Russian speaker, with a lot of friends wanting to learn Russian. One of my friends has RosettaStone. He gave it to me for a quick examination. I can tell you that it is pretty accurate on most things. There are some very small quirks, but those can be ignored.

One of my life's ambitions is to learn Russian!
Love it xD
Just saying
Score
June 22, 2010 10:12:55 PM

RosettaStone is good, it depends on what language you're learning though of course!
:]
Score
June 23, 2010 10:13:26 AM

As everyone says - rosetta is cool, but anyway... where are all of these online language learning resources? :)  i've found one very nice website, it's http://www.internetpolyglot.com/ - i still look because even if this is very good I'm looking for something more!
Score
July 1, 2010 3:27:13 AM

I don't want to pay any cash to the training course. But how can I speak English fluently?
Score
July 12, 2010 7:42:04 PM

Livemocha is very good indeed.

It has a huge community of users that help each other and comment on your attempts and tests.

I learned a lot of German using it, but it would be even better for Spanish, Portuguese or something like that because there are a lot of users from those countries trying to learn English. You help them, they help you basically.
Score
July 24, 2010 10:01:13 PM

HowIlearn said:
as in the subject... i'm active learner when it comes to languages and im always interested in web sites that provides interesting features! :)  any recommendations?

www.byki.com has a good software packages for $70 and cool interface and around 70 languages!
Score
August 2, 2010 4:40:43 PM

Just torrent roseta stone ;) 
Score
August 3, 2010 2:03:22 AM

jawn said:
Just torrent roseta stone ;) 

Well for the Price you can't beat byki Rosetta stone is pretty impressive but BYKi has some cool visuals too and for me its not worthit to spend the extra money! I can learn 1-3 languages for the price!
Score
April 14, 2011 12:39:54 PM

HowIlearn said:

I recomend this site: www.linguasnet.com it's very easy to use and you can learn English, Portuguese, Romanian and Spanish.
This site is free.
Recomend to all
Score
April 15, 2011 1:40:36 PM

Well, I have a really crazy idea:

If you like going places, go to the country to learn the language you want to speak.
Score
August 1, 2011 10:40:41 AM

It is interesting and useful information about the best online places where we can learn foreign languages. I like to learn many different foreign languages.
Score
January 27, 2012 6:01:57 AM

RosettaStone is the best place for learning foreign language...You can learn any language from RosettaStone....You can join this..........

The Youth Express is the Online youth and career Magazine for the youth and It's main aim to helping youth in all over the world..
Score
February 18, 2012 8:19:02 AM

Best answer selected by Proximon.
Score
February 18, 2012 8:19:09 AM

This topic has been closed by Proximon
Score
!