Sign in with
Your question

Needs NEW FPS suggestions...

Last response: in Video Games
April 6, 2004 9:45:55 PM

Can anyone tell me some new FPS games? I don’t like teamate games as I want to kill all my teamates in those games. I like to be a lone killer. Ive played and kicked ass on the following games some of which are cool and some of which are dogz..

UT 03 & 04
Quake 3
Doom
Serious Sam 1 & 2
Max Payne
Red Faction
Hit Man
Halo 1 & 2

Thanks dudez.

“Give me some JOLT cola and a Fat Burger and I can play all night...!”

More about : fps suggestions

April 6, 2004 10:41:33 PM

grand theft auto vice city is kind of a fps, not really but its fun. isnt hitman kind of the same game play?

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!
April 7, 2004 12:10:41 AM

Halo 2? Its not even out yet. Your request may be kind of hard, what I see now in FPS's is more teammate oriented, Call of Duty, Battlefield 1942 and Vietnam, and MMOFPS's...

"640K oughta be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates
That'll be enough L1 cache for me too...
Related resources
April 7, 2004 1:35:27 AM

I've heard great things about Farcry, although I haven't played it myself. I believe that you're on your own in that one.
There's Medal Of Honor:Allied Assault and the expansions for that and I also really enjoyed Tron 2.0.
April 7, 2004 1:51:24 AM

Pick up FarCry, it's the best new FPS on the market right now. Also, look in to PainKiller, it'll be out fairly soon.
April 7, 2004 5:17:14 PM

looking at yur list painkiller when released (shortly) will be yur type of game but if yur looking for a good free for all Call of Duty is a good multiplayer to get into at the moment.

also looking at yur list u really need to find better games to play.

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"
April 7, 2004 7:05:00 PM

What about Doom III? Doesn't that follow the suit of lone killer FPS from its predeccessors Doom, Doom II and Final Doom? The only problem is it's not released yet (or is it? you may wish to double check that) and from what I have read from various forums including this one you will need a brand new PC coupled with a top end graphcis card. Please dont ask what the minimum requriements are exactly, cos I have tried asking that question and it ends up as another thread which becomes a big discussion, and in the end, no one knows the answer!

If you must have an FPS now then Far Cry is a good choice! GTA Vice is also a kind of shoot em up but it is heavily based on adventure and driving. The only time you shoot is when you are acomplishing some missions but shooting is mostly in thrid person. Same applies for GTA III

Hope this helps!

PC Spec: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ running at 1.25ghz, ECS K7S5A Motherboard, 768MB SDRAM PC133, Sparkle nVidia Riva TNT2 M64 32MB AGP Graphics Card, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 6.1, Windows Me
April 7, 2004 7:30:46 PM

Deus Ex (the original) can be played as a lone FPS.

Currently I'm playing Devastation. But it seems you sometimes have have another party with you. Which I pretty much ignore. So for me it's pretty much a lone FPS. Nice graphics and physics engine too.

Edit: Quake 2, like Deus Ex, is an older game. But I like it and it's a lone FPS

Barton 2500+
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB Corsair Twinx 3200LL
9600 Pro
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win98SE<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Coyote on 04/07/04 03:34 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
April 7, 2004 7:46:15 PM

half hife and the follow ups, no one lives forever is absolutely fantastic. jedi knight is pretty good... farcry is very good as well. postal2 is pretty damn funny. all the things you wish you could do in other games are encouraged here. the pc game for non-pc people. ;) 

Itchy and Scratchy #1325,Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone; strikes the same rib twice but clearly 2 different notes sound. are we to believe that this is some sort of magic xylophone?
!