Remote desktop application missing?

I've use remote desktop infrequently and recently went to change my
password. The shortcut off start>accessories>communications is no longer
there. I've searched for the program file and cannot find it. Shortcut
works for opening my connection -- but where to go to change the password?

gardenia wrote:
> I've use remote desktop infrequently and recently went to change my
> password. The shortcut off start>accessories>communications is no
> longer there. I've searched for the program file and cannot find it.
> Shortcut works for opening my connection -- but where to go to change
> the password?

So you had your own .RDP?

Essentially the shortcut was to this file:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\mstsc.exe

That file (when ran) can be used to save a "configuration" which then can be
used in addition to the original shortcut. In this configuration (click on
the "options>>" button), you can configure things like the remote computer
address, the username, password and domain, the display, etc.

Create your own configurations, save them where you want, make shortcuts
where you want...

--
<- Shenan ->

Right click the working connection and you should get
an "Edit" option. If not you can just use the link you
have that works, enter the connection info and "Save As"
to where ever you want the link saved.