different keyboards

edwin

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2004

Hi All,

I have two different keyboards on my computers. One is and
azerty (French) keyboard and a qwerty (US-international)
keyboard. Now I want to use remote desktop, however when I
type something the incorrect strings are displayed.
Probably because my keys are not placed the same.

Can someone tell me if there is an easy way to overcome
this?

Regards,
Edwin

Hi Edwin,

Which keys produce which characters depend on the
keyboard layout being used on the machine - not which
labels are stuck on the keys of your keyboard.

To use a US layout on the machine with a French keyboard
for remote working, go to Control Panel>Regional and
Language Settings>Languages>Details and add the US
keyboard layout. When you are working remotely, use
Alt+Left Shift to switch layouts.