The problem is my outlook?

Jhon

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002

Everytime I click in "Send invitation" or "Save an invitation file", I receive this error message: "Unable to initialize a program. Try later"
The outlook should appear at this moment, shouldn´t? so, the problem is my outlook?
I don´t have firewall, every box is checked, but this doesn´t work...

Jhon wrote:
> Everytime I click in "Send invitation" or "Save an invitation file",
> I receive this error message: "Unable to initialize a program. Try
> later" The outlook should appear at this moment, shouldn´t? so, the
> problem is my outlook?
> I don´t have firewall, every box is checked, but this doesn´t work...

If it does it when you are trying to "Save an Invitation", then no - it has
nothing to do with your email client.

--
<- Shenan ->

Jhon

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002

If the problem isn´t my outlook, what is the problem?
I already tried everything....I think. Because the "Send a Invitation" button doesn´t work too.
please help me. Thanks

Hi - best to post Outlook questions in microsoft.public.outlook. Include
your version/mode of Outlook (help | about has this) and a detailed
description of your problem.

Jhon wrote:
> Everytime I click in "Send invitation" or "Save an invitation file",
> I receive this error message: "Unable to initialize a program. Try
> later" The outlook should appear at this moment, shouldn´t? so, the
> problem is my outlook? I don´t have firewall, every box is checked,
> but this doesn´t work...

Jhon

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002

So the problem really is my outlook? Because I´m trying to do the remote access when this happen, that is why I put it here.
I want this answer to move my question to another place.........

Ah - I'm so sorry, I misread your question. You didn't mention remote
assistance, and I went into autopilot mode. No, you're in the right place.
Sorry again!

jhon wrote:
> So the problem really is my outlook? Because I´m trying to do the
> remote access when this happen, that is why I put it here. I want
> this answer to move my question to another place.........

Jhon

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002

Ok, no problem.
And to answer your post in the other group. Yes, I can send outlook mails, I had never had problems before.
I don´t know if this is related, but I can connect normally in my friend´s computer, but he can´t connect to mine.
"connection interrupted with remote assistance". That´s why I tried to send him an invitation, but.....

Jhon

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002

I saw in another post, somenone with a problem that looked like mine, and someone said that he must wrote in a command prompt :"sessmgr -service"
I did this but nothing happened, and nothing changed.

Do you use Outlook, or Outlook Express? I admit I haven't played much with
remote assistance (I use remote desktop instead)...

jhon wrote:
> Ok, no problem.
> And to answer your post in the other group. Yes, I can send outlook
> mails, I had never had problems before. I don´t know if this is
> related, but I can connect normally in my friend´s computer, but he
> can´t connect to mine. "connection interrupted with remote
> assistance". That´s why I tried to send him an invitation, but.....

Jhon

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002

I use outlook express. I tried to change to microsoft outlook, but the problem was the same.

My "sense" of this issue is that it is a Remote Assistance issue, rather
than one specific to the mail application involved, but the only thread I
could google about it was useless. I know I've seen this before, and here,
but don't remember the proper fix. I'm going to keep looking.

In the meantime--other ways to accomplish the invitation--Messenger, or save
a file and send the file via Outlook Express or however you wish--are good
workarounds.

If you can make this work in one direction, but not in the other, the likely
issue is a difference in the method of connection to the Internet at the end
where you have the trouble receiving remote assistance--i.e. a non
plug-and-play enabled router.

"jhon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use outlook express. I tried to change to microsoft outlook, but the
>problem was the same.

Jhon

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002

I appreciate your help.
You said to save a file and send it by outlook, but, I have to click at the "Save an invitation" button, haven´t I? Or there are another way to "do" an invitation. Write using notepad?!
I didn´t understand what you meant about " a non plug-and-play enabled router". I don´t know nothing about this.
My friend have a dsl connection, and I have a dial connection. This can be the problem of the messenger´s remote assistance?

Your dial-up connection is not the problem. I'm sorry, I didn't spot the
fact that you get this error simply trying to save the invitation.

Using Windows or MSN Messenger are still alternatives that might be worth
trying.

>I appreciate your help.
> You said to save a file and send it by outlook, but, I have to click at
> the "Save an invitation" button, haven´t I? Or there are another way to
> "do" an invitation. Write using notepad?!
> I didn´t understand what you meant about " a non plug-and-play enabled
> router". I don´t know nothing about this.
> My friend have a dsl connection, and I have a dial connection. This can be
> the problem of the messenger´s remote assistance?

Jhon

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002

I think that the problem can be the "Help and Support" program. Because, when I don´t start the msn neither windows messenger, and enter in remote assistance, it appear a "Register" button. When I click in it, I get the same error message "Unable to start a program, try again". I see that when I click in this button, the program try to star my messenger, but appear that the net passport is not working. And a lot of "unable to start" error message, pop up on my screen.
Can be?

I had the same problem last week , but once I change from outlook express to
Outlook - it was a breeze.