Remote Desktop Connection on XP Home

Hello,

Is it possible to have the remote desktop connection (admin tools) client installed on a Win XP Home machine?
I've used it all the time at work as we have XP Pro but at home i have XP Home and grow tired very quickly of faking remote desktop connection using remote assistance.
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop connection home

    Superfly wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Is it possible to have the remote desktop connection (admin tools)
    > client installed on a Win XP Home machine? I've used it all the time
    > at work as we have XP Pro but at home i have XP Home and grow tired
    > very quickly of faking remote desktop connection using remote
    > assistance.

    Yes, it's installed by default, but you can get the latest version here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8255ffc-4b4a-40e7-a706-cde7e9b57e79&DisplayLang=en

    I'm not sure you mean what we think you are saying.

    It is not possible for XP Home to be the host machine--i.e. for you to see
    the XP Home desktop remotely from another machine, using Remote Desktop
    Connection, or Remote Desktop Web connection.

    The client piece--the piece which allows you to see other machines, is
    installed by default--in accessories, communications.

    "Superfly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Is it possible to have the remote desktop connection (admin tools) client
    > installed on a Win XP Home machine?
    > I've used it all the time at work as we have XP Pro but at home i have XP
    > Home and grow tired very quickly of faking remote desktop connection using
    > remote assistance.

Remote Desktop Connection Windows XP