Nero slideshow+video+slideshow

I have Nero 6 ultra edition.

This is what I would like to do.

I have snap shots of my family that I would like to make into a
slideshow. But i would like to add in old home videos. So another
words there would be a few snap shots then a short video of that
person then more snap shots then more video an just keep going like
that. I would like to burn this movie to a DVD.

My ? can this be done?
If so how?

I would be thankful for any help.
long

Work with me here, If you don't think Nero 6 ultra will work to make
this type slideshow/movie, then what software do you think will work.

I have never made a slideshow/movie before. This is all new to me.
Just trying to learn.

Thanks long

"Thomas G. Marshall" <tgm2tothe10thpower@replacetextwithnumber.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<x_A8d.243$Ua.71@trndny05>...
> long3030 coughed up:
> > I have Nero 6 ultra edition.
> >
> > This is what I would like to do.
> >
> > I have snap shots of my family that I would like to make into a
> > slideshow. But i would like to add in old home videos. So another
> > words there would be a few snap shots then a short video of that
> > person then more snap shots then more video an just keep going like
> > that. I would like to burn this movie to a DVD.
> >
> > My ? can this be done?
> > If so how?
> >
> > I would be thankful for any help.
> > long
>
> Just to add a quick note for something that I am currently struggling with.
>
> Nero 5.5 seems to have created spectacularly clear VCD slideshows.
>
> Nero 6.0 with the same files creates them fuzzy as hell.
>
> I've asked them, and am constructing a post here dedicated to that.

Toni

> there would be a few snap shots then a short video of that
>person then more snap shots then more video an just keep going like
>that. I would like to burn this movie to a DVD.

I think you can do this in any video editing program. The still pictures would
be inserted into the timeline just like any other video clip, and set for the
time on screen, then the video clips, then more pix, more video etc. You could
even make menus for each section, title pages etc. You just have to make sure
the program will import the picture file extension, for instance some programs
won't work right if you import jpg's.

2-Ton Toni

long3030 coughed up:

> "Thomas G. Marshall"

....[rip]...

>> Just to add a quick note for something that I am currently
>> struggling with.
>>
>> Nero 5.5 seems to have created spectacularly clear VCD slideshows.
>>
>> Nero 6.0 with the same files creates them fuzzy as hell.
>>
>> I've asked them, and am constructing a post here dedicated to that.
>
> Work with me here, If you don't think Nero 6 ultra will work to make
> this type slideshow/movie, then what software do you think will work.
>
> I have never made a slideshow/movie before. This is all new to me.
> Just trying to learn.

Me too. :)

If I were to guess, I'd have to say that N6 is going to be fine----I
/really/ just want to know why it is that I'm ending up with such fuzzy
pictures, when N5.5 didn't do that at all.

I'm wondering if the image resizing that it has to do is different in ver.
6. There are many algorithms out there and some will produce fuzziness.

Or maybe version 6 defaults to vcd and 5.5 defaulted to SVCD or some whacked
XVCD or something. I'm at a loss.

Does anyone out there have a clue as to what's going on here?

--
Iamamanofconstantsorrow,I'veseentroubleallmydays.Ibidfarewelltoold
Kentucky,TheplacewhereIwasbornandraised.ForsixlongyearsI'vebeenin

Ok thanks

I'll have to try an make a video with nero 6 an see if it will let me import jpgs.

thanks

tonitalley1@aol.comspamfree (Toni) wrote in message news:<20041006232740.17534.00001153@mb-m20.aol.com>...
> > there would be a few snap shots then a short video of that
> >person then more snap shots then more video an just keep going like
> >that. I would like to burn this movie to a DVD.
>
> I think you can do this in any video editing program. The still pictures would
> be inserted into the timeline just like any other video clip, and set for the
> time on screen, then the video clips, then more pix, more video etc. You could
> even make menus for each section, title pages etc. You just have to make sure
> the program will import the picture file extension, for instance some programs
> won't work right if you import jpg's.
>

> 2-Ton Toni

Check out ProShow Gold by Photodex (http://www.photodex.com )
I have not played with video clips in it but it says it will use them, but
I was very impressed with the slide show I made recently. Will burn
a DVD, create a file, create and exe or various other options with
cool text options and effects. Also allows the "Ken Burns effect" with
your pictures (where you can zoom in/out/pan the pictures).

mikey