which cam+software for portraits to use?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 9, 2005 1:56:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

Hi,

we look for a camera + software for making portraits of persons to
store their photo for authentification purposes.

We plan to install a separate working place
(lamp,chair,camera) where people will sit down to make the picture.
The operator will sit in front of her PC and can see "through"
the Cam using any Cam-Software on XP/Win2K.
She can give the person advices ("turn to the left, smile..."),
click on her mouse and the jpeg will be stored on hard disc.

Does anybody know if there is a camera/software
bundle <= 250 EUR ($300) available for that purpose?
The camera doesn't have to be latest in technology
but the software should be foolproof.

Regards,
ts22

More about : cam software portraits

Anonymous
February 9, 2005 5:09:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

If an uber high quality pic isn't a big priority, though its not bad with
correct lighting,
Logitech Quickcam Pro and Jasc Paint Shop Pro
works well here the few times I've needed a posed photo & you can instantly
add text or touch up.

"ts22" <ts22@arcor.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> we look for a camera + software for making portraits of persons to
> store their photo for authentification purposes.
>
> We plan to install a separate working place
> (lamp,chair,camera) where people will sit down to make the picture.
> The operator will sit in front of her PC and can see "through"
> the Cam using any Cam-Software on XP/Win2K.
> She can give the person advices ("turn to the left, smile..."),
> click on her mouse and the jpeg will be stored on hard disc.
>
> Does anybody know if there is a camera/software
> bundle <= 250 EUR ($300) available for that purpose?
> The camera doesn't have to be latest in technology
> but the software should be foolproof.
>
> Regards,
> ts22
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 11:54:44 PM

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:56:41 +0100, ts22 <ts22@arcor.de> wrote:

>we look for a camera + software for making portraits of persons to
>store their photo for authentification purposes.
>
>We plan to install a separate working place
>(lamp,chair,camera) where people will sit down to make the picture.
>The operator will sit in front of her PC and can see "through"
>the Cam using any Cam-Software on XP/Win2K.
>She can give the person advices ("turn to the left, smile..."),
>click on her mouse and the jpeg will be stored on hard disc.
>
>Does anybody know if there is a camera/software
>bundle <= 250 EUR ($300) available for that purpose?
>The camera doesn't have to be latest in technology
>but the software should be foolproof.

Canon has the excellent RemoteCapture software which is bundled with
their PowerShot A-series - the ones begining with A40 and ending
with A80 should be the likely candidates for your kind of money. But
do also get the AC adapter or you will go thru many sets of
batteries!
!