Offline file synchronize gives "Incorrect function" error

I was about to post a question on this, but read Bill Sanderson's suggestion
of re-initializing the cache - and it fixed my problem as well
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=230738

I suggest you try it if you are searching for a solution to the following
problem:

WinXP Pro Laptop connecting to Win2K SBS server network
My scenario was - offline files synch worked fine - except when the user
created a new file in her home directory on the server from either a
Terminal Server session or logged onto a networked PC. If she subsequently
tries to synchronize her offline files (including her home directory on the
server), she would get a error on any new file not actually last saved by
her laptop. Creating a new file on the laptop and synchronizing worked
fine.
I tried deleting the offline files, disabling Offline Files, rebuilding her
profile etc all to no avail.

Thanks Bill !

Steve