Remote Desktop on SSH tunnel

June 7, 2004 4:23:02 AM

I'm trying to establish a remote desktop session trough a
SSH tunnel I enable the port 3389 to be forwarded and
locally I connect to the port 2500 so when I try the
connection with my pc which have windows XP professional I
got an error like
"The Client Could not connect. You are alreary connected
to the console of thi computer. A new console session
cannot be established".

When I try from another PC which have Win2k it works fine.
Best Regards,
Alberto
Anonymous
June 7, 2004 10:00:36 AM

See this page for help with this issue...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com/ow.asp?Remote%5F...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Alberto Ferrari" <alberto.ferrari@sunrisetelecom.it> wrote in message
> I'm trying to establish a remote desktop session trough a
> SSH tunnel I enable the port 3389 to be forwarded and
> locally I connect to the port 2500 so when I try the
> connection with my pc which have windows XP professional I
> got an error like
> "The Client Could not connect. You are alreary connected
> to the console of thi computer. A new console session
> cannot be established".
>
> When I try from another PC which have Win2k it works fine.
> Best Regards,
> Alberto

---
June 7, 2004 1:42:00 PM

"Alberto Ferrari" <alberto.ferrari@sunrisetelecom.it> wrote in message
| I'm trying to establish a remote desktop session trough a
| SSH tunnel I enable the port 3389 to be forwarded and
| locally I connect to the port 2500 so when I try the
| connection with my pc which have windows XP professional I
| got an error like
| "The Client Could not connect. You are alreary connected
| to the console of thi computer. A new console session
| cannot be established".
|
| When I try from another PC which have Win2k it works fine.
| Best Regards,
| Alberto

Use putty to do the port forwarding and connect on the local machine to
127.0.0.2:2500. The RD client in XP doesn't like being connected to
127.0.0.1 or localhost (which are the same thing) but does not complain when
using 127.0.0.2. The latest version of putty is required for this IIRC.

--
Chris Lewis
Related resources

"Alberto Ferrari" <alberto.ferrari@sunrisetelecom.it> wrote in message news:<191dc01c44c60$446bbfa0$a001280a@phx.gbl>...
> I'm trying to establish a remote desktop session trough a
> SSH tunnel I enable the port 3389 to be forwarded and
> locally I connect to the port 2500 so when I try the
> connection with my pc which have windows XP professional I
> got an error like
> "The Client Could not connect. You are alreary connected
> to the console of thi computer. A new console session
> cannot be established".
>
> When I try from another PC which have Win2k it works fine.
> Best Regards,
> Alberto

Alberto -
Please take a look at my website http://www.wissh.com for two things:
On the technology page, it will explain what is going wrong, and two,
you can download the client I wrote to get around this problem.

Hope this helps,
Chad Amberg
Anonymous
June 8, 2004 12:54:55 AM

or wait for SP2, which will fix this issue... :)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 00:23:02 -0700, "Alberto Ferrari"
<alberto.ferrari@sunrisetelecom.it> wrote:

>I'm trying to establish a remote desktop session trough a
>SSH tunnel I enable the port 3389 to be forwarded and
>locally I connect to the port 2500 so when I try the
>connection with my pc which have windows XP professional I
>got an error like
>"The Client Could not connect. You are alreary connected
>to the console of thi computer. A new console session
>cannot be established".
>
>When I try from another PC which have Win2k it works fine.
>Best Regards,
>Alberto
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 5:01:02 PM

Al

Thanks - that worked perfectly for my XP Professional

Chris
!