What is Reserved error (-5016)?

I am able to connect and map a drive on the remote server to my computer. I
run a program, the database is on the server, then I get a Reserved error
(-5016), but I am able to continue.

What is Reserved error (-5016)?

Thanks.

I suspect it is an error relating to whatever application (the database??)
you are running at the time the message appears.

It is almost always a mistake to run an application locally, with the data
across a slow link from the machine on which the app is running.

Can you give a little more detail? Why not run the program on the same
machine the database is on, or at least on the same LAN?

"Charles C." <binstar@aei.ca> wrote in message
>I am able to connect and map a drive on the remote server to my computer.
> run a program, the database is on the server, then I get a Reserved error
> (-5016), but I am able to continue.
>

> What is Reserved error (-5016)?
>
> Thanks.

Thank you for your response. The error only occurs when accessing the
database via VPN. It does not occur at the LAN level.

"Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
> I suspect it is an error relating to whatever application (the database??)
> you are running at the time the message appears.
>
> It is almost always a mistake to run an application locally, with the data
> across a slow link from the machine on which the app is running.
>
> Can you give a little more detail? Why not run the program on the same
> machine the database is on, or at least on the same LAN?
>

> "Charles C." <binstar@aei.ca> wrote in message
> >I am able to connect and map a drive on the remote server to my computer.
> > run a program, the database is on the server, then I get a Reserved
error
> > (-5016), but I am able to continue.
> >

> > What is Reserved error (-5016)?
> >
> > Thanks.

You'll need to consult whatever support is available for the application.
Is there local installation required at the client end?

Googling, I get this collection of results:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=reserved%20%22error%20-5016%22&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&sa=N&tab=wg

Looks like an Access error message, but I don't have time to read through
these and see if any clear solution is obvious.