What is Reserved error (-5016)?

I am able to connect and map a drive on the remote server to my computer. I
run a program, the database is on the server, then I get a Reserved error
(-5016), but I am able to continue.

What is Reserved error (-5016)?

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about what reserved error 5016

    I suspect it is an error relating to whatever application (the database??)
    you are running at the time the message appears.

    It is almost always a mistake to run an application locally, with the data
    across a slow link from the machine on which the app is running.

    Can you give a little more detail? Why not run the program on the same
    machine the database is on, or at least on the same LAN?

    "Charles C." <binstar@aei.ca> wrote in message
    >I am able to connect and map a drive on the remote server to my computer.
    > run a program, the database is on the server, then I get a Reserved error
    > (-5016), but I am able to continue.
    >

    > What is Reserved error (-5016)?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Thank you for your response. The error only occurs when accessing the
    database via VPN. It does not occur at the LAN level.

    "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
    > I suspect it is an error relating to whatever application (the database??)
    > you are running at the time the message appears.
    >
    > It is almost always a mistake to run an application locally, with the data
    > across a slow link from the machine on which the app is running.
    >
    > Can you give a little more detail? Why not run the program on the same
    > machine the database is on, or at least on the same LAN?
    >

    > "Charles C." <binstar@aei.ca> wrote in message
    > >I am able to connect and map a drive on the remote server to my computer.
    > > run a program, the database is on the server, then I get a Reserved
    error
    > > (-5016), but I am able to continue.
    > >

    > > What is Reserved error (-5016)?
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    You'll need to consult whatever support is available for the application.
    Is there local installation required at the client end?

    Googling, I get this collection of results:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=reserved%20%22error%20-5016%22&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&sa=N&tab=wg

    Looks like an Access error message, but I don't have time to read through
    these and see if any clear solution is obvious.

    > Thank you for your response. The error only occurs when accessing the
    > database via VPN. It does not occur at the LAN level.
    >

    > "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
    >> I suspect it is an error relating to whatever application (the
    >> database??)
    >> you are running at the time the message appears.
    >>
    >> It is almost always a mistake to run an application locally, with the
    >> data
    >> across a slow link from the machine on which the app is running.
    >>
    >> Can you give a little more detail? Why not run the program on the same
    >> machine the database is on, or at least on the same LAN?
    >>

    >> "Charles C." <binstar@aei.ca> wrote in message
    >> >I am able to connect and map a drive on the remote server to my
    >> >computer.
    >> > run a program, the database is on the server, then I get a Reserved
    > error
    >> > (-5016), but I am able to continue.
    >> >

    >> > What is Reserved error (-5016)?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks.