Can I use both 48khz(16 bit) and 32 khz(12 bit) audio in t..

Can I use both 48khz(16 bit) and 32 khz(12 bit) audio in the same
project? And when I start a new project in Premiere Pro 1.5 to import
the files into, which preset should I use- Standard 48khz or 32khz?

I shot the first ten minutes of this video using a Canon XL-1 in the
32khz (12 bit mode), capturing both the on-camera mic in stereo and
another mono audio track with a handheld mic; and then shot the next
twenty minutes of the video onto the same mini-DV tape with a Sony
PD-170 in 48 khz (16 bit mode).

Andre

Jim Gunn wrote:
> Can I use both 48khz(16 bit) and 32 khz(12 bit) audio in the same
> project? And when I start a new project in Premiere Pro 1.5 to import
> the files into, which preset should I use- Standard 48khz or 32khz?
>
> I shot the first ten minutes of this video using a Canon XL-1 in the
> 32khz (12 bit mode), capturing both the on-camera mic in stereo and
> another mono audio track with a handheld mic; and then shot the next
> twenty minutes of the video onto the same mini-DV tape with a Sony
> PD-170 in 48 khz (16 bit mode).

I guess the answer is yes. Not sure about Premiere though.
You have to decide on the mode of the output file though, since it can
only have one format. Premiere should do the necessary conversion for
you. Why don't you just try it and enlighten us afterwards.

Andre

--
----------------------------------
http://www.aguntherphotography.com

yes.
"Jim Gunn" <Jim_Gunn@Yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Can I use both 48khz(16 bit) and 32 khz(12 bit) audio in the same
> project? And when I start a new project in Premiere Pro 1.5 to import
> the files into, which preset should I use- Standard 48khz or 32khz?
>
> I shot the first ten minutes of this video using a Canon XL-1 in the
> 32khz (12 bit mode), capturing both the on-camera mic in stereo and
> another mono audio track with a handheld mic; and then shot the next
> twenty minutes of the video onto the same mini-DV tape with a Sony
> PD-170 in 48 khz (16 bit mode).

use 48Khz and let Premiere upconvert the 32.