Audio clicks occurring when using SmartRipper - can anybod..

I'm using SmartRipper to rip some clips off a DVD that I wish to edit.
According to SmartRipper the DVD has an AC3 2CH soundtrack, which
should be fine as I have an AC3 audio decoder installed and other
similar DVDs I've ripped have come out fine.

This time I'm getting some occassional clicks and pops on the
soundtrack every time I rip the vob file to the hard drive. Whether I
open the vob directly in an editor, or change it to an mpeg2 or an
AVI, the result is the same. The clicks are always in the same places
(and before you ask, when I play the original DVD itself on various
players the clicks are not there - they're only on ripped files).

Any advice? My only other option is to play the DVD on my computer,
capture the sound using a wav editor then match it up to a ripped
mpeg2 or avi file - a time consuming process.

Scullyluster.

On 6 Oct 2004 04:24:46 -0700, scullyluster@hotmail.com (Scullyluster)
wrote:

>This time I'm getting some occassional clicks and pops on the
>soundtrack every time I rip the vob file to the hard drive. Whether I
>open the vob directly in an editor, or change it to an mpeg2 or an
>AVI, the result is the same. The clicks are always in the same places

I cannot tell you about SmartRipper, because I don't use it. I can
only tell you what I would do in your case.

Rip with DVDDecrypter in File mode, selecting all files. This way you
get an exact copy in your harddrive, that should play without
"clicks". Then import this into Tmpgenc DVDAuthor, asking it to save
it as an .mpg.