Good morning, all,
I just wanted to share a little FYI I finally figured out.
I had placeda question on this board a few times whereas I
was looking for help to determining the cause of ntvdm.exe
to be spiking my CPU while using remote desktop. No one
seemed to know what caused it, or didn't answer the post.
In either case, I have determined it was the screen saver
of the host PC causing the ntvdm.exe to use 90% of the CPU
during remote sessions. I tried to change the screensaver,
but instead, that screensaver would over-use the CPU. I
have opted to disbles screensavers altogether on the host
PC prior to connecting to the host PC. This has not only
stopped the CPU issue I was having, but has increased the
speed at which remote desktop refreshes and function at
the client PC. Hope someone else can find some use in this
information.

Glad that solved your problem... :)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 08:28:23 -0700, "Rob Phillips"